• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 06, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,
Quick, stupid question. What's the bolt size and thread that attaches item 7 below. I can not if mentioned or called out on all the narrow frame parts catalog. I'm at work and I want to pick up some bolts so I can attach one of these to my 104 this evening or I would just check myself. The panel has welded nuts on them.

193471.jpg

Thanks Harry for the good advice. I've got a plow blade for this machine & once I round up the missing pieces to make it work, those lights will come in handy around here next Jan......

Terry: Those bolts have 1/2" of course threads on them and take a 1/2" wrench. That must make them 5/16" bolts? Good luck finding some with IH marked on them!!
cwm.gif

Frank,
I'm not too concerned about using IH marked bolts, I just wanted to put this cover on my 104. I was thinking it was probably 5/16 x 18 or 3/8 x 16 bolts. I do believe the bolt head took a 1/2 inch wrench if I remember correctly.

hey! its been a while guys... i was bored today and ive never had the tiller on my 149 so i decided to put it on, now i have a problem, the pulley on the tiller isnt lining up with the gearbox pulley, the one on the tiller is twisted counter-clockwise a few degrees, if you dont understand what i mean i can get a pic, i cant for the life of me figgure out why its like this, anyone has any ides please let me know!!!

Today we dragged the loader out of the barn and rearranged a few things so that the 682 is now the only tractor in the garage. I put blocks under the uprights to get them close to where they belong. The front tires don't clear the cylinders, so the connections to the subframe need to be cut off and welded on on the bottom.

193484.jpg

193481.jpg

193482.jpg

This will raise the loader up a bit, and hopefully my knee will fit under the hydraulic valve...it did not when the loader was on the 124. I'm using my small electrolysis setup to clean off the ends of the uprights to make cutting and welding a little cleaner.

193483.jpg

After both uprights have the mounts cut off and re-welded to the bottom, I need to buy a piece of rectangular tubing that I don't have, and then start coming up with something for a subframe and pump mount. I need to run a few calculations to verify that my guesses for material sizing will provide an adequate factor of safety. My steering column parts should be here Thursday, so I should be able to put that back together and have it steering again soon. I'm also getting the oil pan and muffler box welded up on Thursday.

heres a few photos of my pto clutch replacement and one of the chief assistant grass cutter
the tractor is 3 times her age and she cut 1-1/2 acres today
193492.jpg

193493.jpg

193494.jpg

193495.jpg

Matt G.
You might want to go this route. Much stronger than original and notice the front brace mount location for a quick attach feature, as well as easy removal for when a side panel has to come off.
193497.jpg

193498.jpg

Again I ask , Have any of you guys with the loaders ever had frame problems?

What does it mean if my 125 Hydro rolls when the hydro dissengage lever is not diengaged? Reverse is week also if that helps the diagnosis.

Lucas and anyone else interested: lucas made a comment about the stack on my 123 i posted pics of below for Bob p. i have the same stack on my model 70 with a k301 (model 120? lol). i also have a similar setup on my '63 O. it can be done for virtually no money, only thing that costs is the Farmall Cub stack(gotta keep it IH lol)

193507.jpg

193508.jpg

193509.jpg

Bob P.
When no one answers, it means they haven't or haven't found any problems yet!
Unless you want everyone that has a loader to come on and say no I have not had any problems?

My s/g on the 125 gets real hot. What would cause that? My (new)amp guage doesn't really move much. I will get around to doing Charlies S/G test but haven't yet.

Justin:
No brace on that exhaust lashup?? This has been talked about before - there's a lot of rockin' and shakin' going on there, not much fun when that close nipple screwed into the block cracks. The general consensus is that if you need that big stack , you should brace it back to the frame or engine on a solid mount engine...(or just to the engine on an ISO-Mount frame).

Justin, That is AWESOME!! The 402-E & the 123!!! Please post a pic of the rear mounting pipe and how it mounts to the 123. That pipe was missing on mine and I'm having one made. It would be great to see an original!

Charlie, What is the box for on the back of your tractor for? Weight?

193517.jpg

193518.jpg

Pics aren't good, it's getting dark.
Cooking my 71 frame overnight!

193519.jpg

193520.jpg

Bob P.
Jim Steele (who was pretty particular about these things) posted a long time ago that the Haban color was a close match to Massey Ferguson red. That's what I used to paint mine based on Jim's advice.

Latest posts

Back