• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 02, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BILL J. - If you can stand the noise, I think I'd keep the spindles greased and run them as long as you can. My old 44A deck was noisy too, and I ran it 15 yrs. As long as the spindles hold the blade securely, so you can't wiggle the blade tips up & down, the deck will mow just fine. I had a bad spindle on my 50C, the bearing was loose in the housing, and it cost $170 for both halfs of the housing and a new spindle... plus $1 for the new Woodruff key. OUCH! But fixing that bad spindle sure made it mow nice.

Let me first appologize if this question has been asked n' answered or if this is the wrong forum. I have a cub 1811 & 1810(thrown rod),Past couple times I had to charge the '11 to cut grass, then it started blowing the fuse, I replaced the voltage rectifier with the one from the '10, did not solve the problem in fact the wiring behind dash burned up. So I swapped the '11 onto the '10 and the fuses still get blown. could the stator short out? Help!!

Is there apiece missing I need to stop leaking around top of bowl....can't seem to find a parts list to verify.

Thanks for any suggestions.

240875.jpg

Rick, your missing the 'C' shaped clamp that goes around the bowl and holds it to the top half. look here about 3/4 way down for a pix of a complete unit

Allen....thanks so much for helping....I do have the clamp section.....but your help lead me to the cork gasket for the fuel bowl.....((Glass Fuel Bowl Cork Gasket PN/ KH-210468))
Thanks for your help...we can always count on you to try and help around here.
240988.jpg

Doug,
73: No. (7&8 hp engines did not have them)
104: No.
122: No.
129: Yes.
This only pertains to Spec numbers of the engines in your tractors

Bruce C
I wonder how the inside of the blower housing looks?
crash.gif

Marty G. It got HOT in a hurry this morning. So unfortunately I didn't get a chance to work on the little fella. Hopefully tomorrow morning. Angel has already made me promise to sell it so that I can put the funds towards another project.

Marlin,

Sell a cub for another project?!!
feint.gif
Sounds like you will be posting some more in the sandbox! "Things that kill my cub time"
biggrin.gif

Terry -

Your post probably belongs in the CCC/MTD section; but yes. stators can short to ground. If this is the case, you should be reading continuity between each stator lead and the engine/frame.

Bruce N.

Not bad considering the amount of loose metal that was floating around in there. It's dented, but I think I can smooth most of it out.

Marlin leave your battery charger on the tractor. If it runs that way then your battery is dead and the charging system not charging.
Just my 02c

Thanks Vetrans for my freedom. I hope everyone has a safe holiday.

Hope everyone has a good Fourth!
240997.jpg

Thank you to all who have served under this flag to protect our freedoms.......

coffee.gif

Happy 4th of July everyone! Stay safe and Thanx to the vets!!

241010.jpg

This one is Kraigs, from the vault.. It's an IH, and it is cool, being so hot out, a little snow seems right...
thumbsup.gif

Happy fourth everyone!

I have a situation on a 128 clutch adjustment. The adjustment rod is adjusted all of the way and the clutch works ok. I've never had to adjust one up this far that didn't have something obviously wrong. The disc is fairly new and this is why I'm stumped. The clutch lever pivot has minimal play and the lever itself is only a couple of years old.

Has anyone ever had this problem and if so what did you find? Can I cut the threads on the adjusting arm another half inch or so?

I know it's a holiday and answers come slower but I wanted to throw this out there.

Thanks in advance!

Please forgive me if this is the wrong section. I have a lead on an IH Cadet 80 with a deck and snowblower. (It seems as if I buy snow blowers when the temperature is torridly hot!) I can pick it up for a couple of hundred bucks. Is this any sort of a deal? Will it be an easy refurb, or another nightmare like my 1250?

Brian, before you get murdered for asking that. The common answer is it's worth what your willing to pay for it. Personally, I wouldn't give more than 2 bills for it in running condition.

Back