• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 02, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian W.
It is the wrong section, your post belongs in the,

IH Cadet lawn tractors
A discussion forum for IH Cadet LAWN tractors. Rules are the same as elsewhere.

Lawn tractors include the 76, 80, 81, 111, 1100 and 182 thru 482 - pretty much if it has a B&S and a belt...

Wayne,

If I have it pictured in my mind right, you have the 2 rods touching in the adjuster right? That lever should not be touching the pto clutch when you want it engaged. Therefore you should have the rods adjusted away from each other. With the lever disengaged, the pto lever pushes on the clutch to disengage it when a belt is on.

Long story short, your going the wrong way.

Marlin, if you keep the 70 you will have one tractor from each of the first four model lineups. I need to bridge the gap between my original and my 122 after my original is running.

Nic-

Thanks, but the pto is working just fine. I'm talking about the drive line clutch.

For the heck of it I went and made a spacer to put between the adjusting nut and the clutch lever. So far it works fine but I don't like what ain't suppose to be. I also made another 3/8" pivot pin even though the first pin has minimal wear. It might have helped just a tad.

The only other thing I can think of is/are the roll pins in the rockshaft. If they have given any at all it might be the problem.

Kraig-

Put us up some more cubbin' snow pics. I really think it helps cool things down. That SO76 looks so inviting covered in snow.

Nic,

Thanks. I kind of wondered about that one. Apparently, it wasn't one of the better efforts. I thought 8 hp. would be a little light for a blower.

Happy 4th to all

Did someone say snow and cubs

241021.jpg

At last!!! I cleaned the starter/generator insides (they were terrible), "borrowed" the 125's battery and I wish that I could install a carburetor kit. The little fella runs only I did promise that once running he has to go on the for sale list. Angel said that I can't gigolo myself and at my age only the 75+ age group women would want me as a chauffer to their bingo night parties.

Here are a couple of pictures. The Ag tires were put on so that I could drive it.

241036.jpg

241037.jpg

Home made air cleaner cover.
241038.jpg

Tires that I have for it.
241039.jpg

And while at a neat little store in Argo, Iowa which is just outside of LeClaire, Iowa (This restaurant serves some of the BEST home made food one could ask for at very reasonable prices ...
241040.jpg

... Is a sign that I just had to take a picture of...
241041.jpg

Charlie was a neighbor's black lab that would come down to the restaurant and visit with the people. He had another neighbor's chicken that would snuggle beside him and the two were best friends for years until the day Charlie crossed over. The sign is in rememberance of him.

Lucas J. This 70 still needs a good home and he could go to your place via the Cub Cadet Transportation Network.

Marty G. I'll post in The Sandbox the reason this little fella needs to go a good home.

Marlin, aside from the home made air cleaner that 70 is pretty unmolested.

Two nice cub cadets under $1000 have crossed my path, cubs under 1k are rare around here no mater what condition they are in. One is a 1650 that is in nice original condition, it comes with a deck and a front blade, the blade looks to be spray bombed, the deck isn't attached which worries me, it also has a three point on the back, I would have to travel a good distance to get this one, they want $500. The second is a 128 in nice original condition just down the road that has been used weekly until they got new zero turn, it also has the three point, and a deck that is mounted, they want $450. Both supposedly run good, the 128 burns a little oil, and the 1650 had all of the subframe bushings replaced. Which sounds better?

Luther Ray Hinds

I don't know how Marlin feels, but would defintely choose the 1650 over the 128 for two reasons:

1. Hydrostatic
2. 16 HP motor

However, your tastes may vary, as I recall you aren't crazy about the fiberglass dash found on both tractors mentioned, and I'm not sure how you feel about the Quiet Line tractors. I think that I could learn to like the isolators in order to have 16 HP at my disposal.

Jeremiah I think you were directing the post to Lucas. I do really like my 128 and only quietline i have, the 1250. My only 16 hp tractor is a 169. You just don;t lack for power on a 169.

Back