• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 02, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmarshall

displayname
Bart Marshall
Kevin, Tom, Charlie, and Roland,

Thanks for your answers on the tires for the 70/100's. I had an uncle who after he bought his new 70, must have later replaced the front tires with the wide ones. I remember him switching when I was just kid...it would have been the early seventies. Did the old IH dealers just mount whatever the tires that were needed or was the tractor "ordered" with the option from the factory?

Another question has come up--Can a QA 42 snow thrower's auger be replaced by the auger out of a QA 42A? I just picked up the older one and I think the previous owner tried to snow throw a rock pile with it... everything else is in great shape. Thanks again all-- you guys are the best.

I HAVE A CONNECTING ROD ON MY SHELF, IT IS STAMPED 47 059 04 I CANNOT FIND THIS NUMBER IN MY BOOKS, DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT IS? THANKS FRAN

Bart M:

According to the CPE-2 Manual, the auger's are the same and interchangeable.
happy.gif

I just connected my "new" tiller to my 1650, the v belt that came with the tiller (probably connected to another machine) is about 3" too short (I need a belt 146" long). Could someone share a v belt source please. I am trying Grainger on Monday.

Walter

<font color="ff0000">Be sure to support those who have made this possible. You know, the colorful boxes with links right above!!</font>

Ok, I welded up the pin this morning and also made another quick hitch plate(I have one on the JD in the picture too). Put on the tire chains after I found my air chuck and tried her out.. Impressive, but she will do more. MORE TRACTION CAPTAIN, I NEED MORE. Thinking about filling the tires with fluid and or AG's. The set on my Ariens wont fit, the offset on the wheels isn't right.

28995.jpg
28996.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Am I supposed to put anything on the blade like a wax to make it more slippery?

Chad

Walter F:

The correct belt for your application is #IH-61959-C1. This can be obtain from any of the Forum Sponsors, your local CC Dealer, or Case-IH Dealer.

Francis T: Kohler often changed the part numbers on those rods. You will have to find a Kohler superceeded parts listing to cross-ref that rod. I suspect that the number you showed is the old number. I'm digging around to see if I can find the superceeded number. Maybe someone else can chime in in the meanwhile.
Myron B

Have been working on some new, ignition-related items for IH Cubs. Here is a sampling:
29004.jpg

It's a PointSaver shrunken down to the exact dimensions of a condenser. Designed to replace the condenser, it's easy to hook up (only two wires) while retaining the stock look, yet provides a true transistorized switching circuit. A small LED is incorporated as a timing light. I call it the Trandenser. Available soon.

Next is a "Dual Ultimate", for those wanting to use two Bosch "Blue" coils on their Kohler or Onan opposed twins. A single set of points simultaneously fires both Blue Bad Boys for a hot and reliable spark at both cylinders. Or, set up a Kohler single with dual spark plugs.
Available if enough interest warrants.
29005.jpg

Is anybody going to to the Penfield tractor show July 7-10. I hope to see some of you there. I would really enjoy Dan H. bringing down his custom stuff, it is always a hit.

Walt

If I buy a belt other than cub for my cub cadets its a NAPA BELT USUALLY 1/2 -2/3'S the price and Ive found the belts are just as good .

Well My Cub fleet increased by EXACTLY 50% this weekend.... Quite a feat considering I used to have Three.... Brought Dad's old #70 home He bought new spring of 1963, and a chassis of a 123 Hydro for "Parts" And for Those who get Red Power mag.... the Richard Frisk mentioned in Hank Will's Yellow & White pages IS My Dad. Still "Cubbin" at 82 yrs of age!

I just finished the hitch on the 122. I know it isn't an OEM hitch, but it sure beats the original sticking a pin in and out and clipping the bottom. I just removed the origial hitch plate and modified that since it will be replaced easily with an original piece. If I had a 3ph or sleeve hitch, I probably would make my own draw bar for it. Here are some pics of the finished product.
29011.jpg
29012.jpg

Do you mean a 582 with a 341 with dual plugs like this
29014.jpg

Chad,
The spring loaded hitch pin looks like it would work well to speed things up, and reduce skinned knuckles when removing the clip from the bottom of a standard hitch pin.
Did you just drill a hole in the hitch pin for a cotter pin to retain the washer and spring? How much room do you have for checking and filling the differential fluid level?

I can just imagine holding the pin up with one hand while trying to wrestle a TracVac into position with the other hand
lol.gif

Bryan, if you had anything that difficult to hitch, you could cut a slight notch in the pin to catch on the top. Kinda like when refilling a grease gun.

Bruce, I thought about that, but there were two things that came to mind:

Three bolts and the hitch is off.
I don't have to check the fluid that often.

If I needed to change it later, i could call it V2.2
biggrin.gif

Guys my 1250 is smelling like gas. My brother in law was riding it around the other day pulling a trailer and he was bouncing a lot, I think it might have been leaking out the gas tank cap, the cap does leak a little, but the gas smell was very strong. Where should I look for a leak. I watched the carb and it didn't seem to be leaking from there. Any place else? I guess it could be coming out the exhaust... unburnt gassoline, is that common?

Any advice would be great.

Latest posts

Back