Archive through December 17, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, 782-#667592 Is coming home tommorow morning! Nothing extra except for a full set of IH hubcaps! Not rusted up too bad. 44 in deck comes with. Motor very oil soaked, fellow says it ised about a quart of oil to mow his yard, ouch! I don,t think it has ran for a few years.

Everett, read some of the posts on this page regarding fitting a QA42A snowthrower into a 982. Can you verify that you actually have a QA42A and a 982? Could it be that you actually have a 782 that has 982 decals or side panels as Steve B. suggested? Any chance you could post some photos of the tractor and snowthrower?

Not sure how well a snow plow attached to a snowthrower would work. I don't believe it's been done before, might work might not. Someone has to be the first to try.
happy.gif

Jerry, good to hear another Cub may be saved! Oh, and remember this:

worthless.gif

thought I better pop in and show off the Original with non trip blade doing it the old fashioned way hehe
111666.jpg

111667.jpg

This is the second time I have been able to use the cub for snow duty this week. We don't usually get snow here and its been fun for me. Just 40 miles south in Seattle they are getting hammered, some areas have over a foot and they are closeing down most freeways today.

Don, how did the Original do with the ag tires and no chains? And how well did the non-trip blade perform?
dunno.gif
Nice looking Original!

Nice Jerry!
I said you could come by and get my trailer. Maybe I should have snagged it before you just for the wheel covers. Oh well, can't wait to see it. <font size="-2">even if red Cubs remind me of a Murray...</font>

Richard C - Thanks for the tip. I'll check it tonight.
worthy.gif

If that part is bent, can it be straightened and retain strength, or will I be looking at replacing it?

Greg

We are supposed to get 9-12" of snow tonight. (I'm back in Illinois for break in case you haven't guessed...
happy.gif
) I finally got my snow mover ready...Oil changed, thrower greased, lights wired up, engine speed set, U-joint set screws lock-tite'd, and I've got a spare belt. Bring on the snow!

111670.jpg

Nick H.-

You need a 2nd rubber disc somewhere in there, as that back one won't last too long stretched out like that. Also, if that rear coupler is the kind that has the spherical ball bushing, get a new bushing too...or perhaps a new coupling if you can wiggle it side to side on the trans input shaft.

Kraig Mc.

Yes please e-mail me the rest of the info for the disconnect kit.

Thanks.

a few weeks ago we were talking about PTO wear buttons, and someone said that dan sold brass ones, where do you get on of those? (i checked the sponsors)

Latest posts

Back