• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 09, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe Abram, I just put a CW36 on Pat's 73 last weekend. It was an easy boltup. Any of the other throwers will fit right on too. Even if your Frankenstein bolts are gone you can bolt the quick tach directly to the frame. The guy I got the CW from had a QA 42 on a 100. It was a slick little setup.

Holy crap Charlie!!!! Out of the wife's lip!!!
Scratch that one off my list of things to do, I'll just work with stock thrower.....

Of course, there's a reason those zinc suckers are called FRACTIONAL horsepower pulleys...
wink.gif

Guys, some good info! BTW, I do have the "Frankenstein" bolts/QD attachment setup, but can pull the bolts to mount things up solid. I am not aware of the CW blowers?? I want to know which ones work the best.

thanks for the info!!

Joe

Matt "G",
As Ed McMahon (sp) would say to Johnny Carson <font size="-2">(Heck, are you old enough to even know who Johnny Carson was?? I'm older than I think!
old.gif
)</font> in a deep voice, "YOU ARE CORRECT". Sorry guys I was thinking of a 71-123 series.
screwloose.gif

Joe "A",
Go with the QA-36 instead of the CW-36. The CW would work just fine, but the QA is more user friendly.

(Message edited by thoffman on December 12, 2005)

Good evening gentlemen. I got a few small problems with a 128 that was loaned out to my cousin over the summer.

It came home not charging and will not continue to run after about 2-3 minutes from starting.

To keep this simple, to check if the S/G is working correctly, I need to take the belt and all the wires of the "F" Terminal and put a test lead on the "F" teminal and ground it for a short time to the S/G body...is this correct?
Now, I forget and cannot find my notes on testing the VOltage Reg. Could anyone give me any ideas please?

Also, my cousin disconnected all the saftey devices and was trying to be nice to me and put a light switch in. He provided power to the switch by using a blue wire that is in the wire harness. Could anyone tell me what this is for and did he messed this up good.

Now for the cutting off problem. I got good spark, it starts well and runs on choke. I am thinking that it is the throttle shaft. I remember reading on here or somewhere that you can repair the throttle shaft with a washer, but I forget how or if this would work. Any ideas on this would be helpful as well.
Thanks,

Todd G.

JOE A. - I have a QA-36 on My 72 w/K-241. Also don't have a creeper so I end up slipping the clutch a bit in 1st gear. I blew snow for a couple years with a tired K181 in the 72 and that was a chore. Depending on the snow I can walk thru 5-6 inches full width in first gear. If it gets deeper I only take part of a cut at it. I wouldn't try a QA-42 with only 10 HP unless it was on a hydro.

Richard, electric PTO or mechanical PTO? <font size="-2">Just kidding.</font>
happy.gif

Todd G: Go back a few posts and read my response to Ken Sigler. Perform that "fix" before you go rebuilding the carburetor. It may just solve your problem. Jellied/dried gasoline "goop" in the main fuel needle is a lot more common than most realize. Its a chemical clean up and not mechanical!!, so don't try poking anything into the fuel needle, just use the carb cleaner. Its an easy fix for a pesky problem. Also, clean up the points & check the gap (.020). Corroded/oxidized points are another common "easy fix" ignition malfunction on the Kohlers.
Myron B

Kraig
Probably a 169 with an Electric PTO, Starter, Regulator, and plastic gas tank like the Quietline tractors have would make the ultimate rugged work tractor.

I would still have to pick the 782 with the 50C deck as the best mowing tractor around.
thumbsup.gif

Last weekend the International Harvester Collectors Club Chapter #2 of Northern Illinois had their "Holiday Dinner". At the dinner they had a few door prizes and raffles. I won one of the door prizes. One case of the best tastin' water I've ever had!
32930.jpg

The Dear John stuff had a green and yellow tint, and didn't look too good.
eww.gif

RICHARD - Hard to beat that twin-cylinder engine smoothness for long hours of lawn mowing isn't it?
thumbsup.gif

Dennis
Guess I'm getting old, I use ear protection on all of the Cubs except the 782.
headphones.gif

The K321 I have in progress for the 72 is probably going to end up with some sort of a straight pipe for the exhaust. It won't be quite as elaborate as the pipe Dave Kirk posted a pic of with His "Killer Kohler" but something along those lines. I do have headphones on that tractor for use at all times, except when I mow over them.
eek.gif
My 982 is really quiet but those mufflers on it cost $127.50 each and are huge so it should be! The 72 will exhaust to the side and forward to keep noise away from the operator. The K241 has the small pepper shaker muffler (like a 100) and I'm afraid it would be too restrictive on a K321. I may be able to fab-up some sort of muffler, just depends on how good Son & I get TIG welding this winter. We have a LOT of practice lined up already.

Ken Updike, any updates on shipping dates for your "Yellow Book" that was ordered from Motorbooks.com during the Halloween promotion?

Latest posts

Back