• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 09, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
CHARLIE - I've NEVER blown snow with a Hydro. I thought about putting My QA-36 on the 129 but it has wide tires frt & back. I'd have to swap all four wheels/tires or get a QA-42. Son wants to put the blower on the 982 sometime...... I don't think that tired old blower would last too long with 20 HP spinning the auger..... Back when the 72 still had the K181 I'd blow about 4" deep snow full width of the blower in 1st gear. Tractor doesn't have a creeper. Now with the K241 I can handle 5-6" deep snow full width without slipping the clutch.

Dennis,
You mean 20 horse engines turn faster too?
bubbly.gif

Charlie, Wyatt had this one for a while (at least I think it's a 128}. Don't have any action shots of it though.

32879.jpg

32880.jpg

Yeah.... They can.... but the thing I'm afraid of is the double amount of torque. The flighting is wearing Pretty Thin! I priced a new auger about 10 yrs ago. It was more than I paid for the 72 PLUS the snow blower.

Well, snowthrower is hooked up and running. Gotta' love those throwers!
32882.jpg

Kraig -

Wow, those "stalks" look freakier than yours!

Hmmm - Original headlights mounted to drift cutters. I wonder if that lil blue can had anything to do with that setup
beer2.gif

Denny -

Hell, the 59M is still on the 169, which is still sitting outside which still won't start!
bash.gif

If it ever warms up enough (not lookin' that way!) I'll dig my way out there and tinker with it.

Otherwise, I'm stuck with that rusty old Simple-city...

I can't say enough about the Titan/Carlisle 489's. I drove the 1600 out to the shed, hooked up the thrower, drove it back with 10 X 23 X 12's, no weights or chains in the 5"-6" snow with no tire slipage. Did the drive and the walk in no time!
32884.jpg

Denny,

You can leave the 6.50 rubber on the front of a Cub using a 36" thrower.....no problems at all BTDT, 8.50 rubber on the rear works just fine too.

Kraig,

Is that Wyatt's, or someone else's. Seems to me there was a school teacher that owned a very similar 128...can't place his name though, goes back about 4 years.

to whom it may concern i put my blower on my 582cub and it seems to not throw snow that well the engine boggs down on the mower and i cant get the snow to fly very well is itpossible that my pto belt is too tight and is slowing it down or making it loose power need answers please im aching to throw snow.

Here is something that might interest 782 owners. I think everyone has problems with the amount of lift when you have a mower deck installed. When I got my 782 it couldn't lift the wheels off the ground, I found the lift arm bent on mine like many others have found, I fixed it but was still not impressed with it after having a Quietline. I can only get the mower wheels about 1 inch off the ground and sometimes you are transporting it and hit some gravel with the front swivel casters and it doesn't do them any good. This lift height is only critical when you have a mower deck as you can modify a blade lift arm to get the required results.

The Quietlines have a ram with about 4 1/2 inch travel, while the 782 ram only has a travel of approx 2 1/2 inch. The lift mechanism's are somewhat different but the final output is the amount the lower lift arms raise. Here is a picture of the lower lift arms on a 1450 on the left and a 782 on the right and you can see the difference in the lift of the arms. There is a good inch difference in lift at this point.

32886.jpg

I looked at different ways to improve it, didn't want to buy another ram, hated to move the ram back and have to re-drill mounting holes. I'm not concerned with the amount of drop as that is more than enough, so I just wanted to move everything up.

The simplest place to modify it seemed to me was the point where the upper lift arm hits the pin on the bracket that attaches to the Ram. This way I could install something without making a major change to the lift system.

32887.jpg

I built a metal bracket out of 1/2 inch steel that just mounts in the rear pin of the bracket from the ram. Picture of the bracket I made on the left and installed on the right. This moves the lift arm back about 1/2 inch and provides a flat surface for the lift arm to push against.

32888.jpg

The end result was the rear mower deck mounting bracket that would lift to 8 1/2 inches before will now lift to 9 5/8 inch. The extra 1 1/8 inch helps save the mower deck and wheels.

32889.jpg

Bill Z,
Couple questions for you!
Does the tractor run ok with the deck on and mowing or the thrower not engaged?
Just how tight is the belt?
What thrower do you have?
Is everything mounted right and adjusted right?
Are you running at full throttle?
How much of a bite are you trying to take with each pass?
How fast are you moving?
Is the snow wet or fluffy dry?
That oughta do it for now.
biggrin.gif

digger i send you a e-mail on the questions you asked me if you would e-mail me back so i can get it working

So, all you guys talking about shattering
poof.gif
your connecting rods are making me think I should replace mine since I have it out of the engine right now. Are there any higher quality replacements (for the K301) or should I just buy the standard replacement rod and go with it?

Boha it is cold here in the North!!! I have been lurking in and our for quite a while without posting. How has everyone been? As some of you know I have been down quite the road the past couple of years and as a result most all the CC collection is gone!! With the weather the way it is it promted me to go out in the weeds and see what kind of leftovers I could dig out. I got tired bahaing up the driveway so I found a use for an old worn out 42" blade. It bites to be poor lol. Yall take care!!!
32897.jpg

32898.jpg

32899.jpg

32894.jpg

32895.jpg

32896.jpg

Ok Mac!
What you gonna hook that thing to the back end of?????
Glad to see ya still in the land of the almost living.
biggrin.gif

OIC now, LOL

(Message edited by cproctor on December 09, 2005)

Hello Guys- I am a brand new user & I am hoping that someone can help with a slight problem that I have come up against. I have a 1650 wide frame Cub Cadet (year unknown) that I picked up cheap and repowered with a 14 hp 2 cyl Kubota diesel. After getting the diesel started up I couldn't get the tractor to move so I dumped the old fluid
which was good since it was filled with ATF, pulled the pump unit, checked that the valves were clean & free and pulled the rear cover & cleaned out the rear end. After putting everything back together with fresh fluid & a new filter it still wouldn't move. So I pulled the plate over the rear axle to see what I could determine & observed that with the engine running the pump suction was blowing bubbles. At this point I decided that the Kubota was turning the drive shaft in reverse of normal rotation.

So with all this said is the an easy way to reverse the suction & discharge on the pump or am I going to have to reverse the shaft rotation?

The Kubota is turning counter clockwise looking at the back of the engine.

Is there a commercial unit availabe for reversing shaft rotation?

Thanks for any help guys. William Franklin [email protected]

Charlie, dat dere be one of dim dere domestic built CC's low boys with a 30 hp turbo Briggs Dihatsu. So I won't be too hard on the old blade but I think it will move snow from point A to point B.

Mac,
I kinda figured it was somethin like that when I saw the tread pattern of the rear tires!
At least if the snow gets to deep you can use the hoe to dig yourself out, LOL

Oh yea! Are you comin down with a bit of Norwegian accent?????? You dint do somethin stupid and move up close to me did ya!
deadat30.gif

(Message edited by cproctor on December 09, 2005)

Back