• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 09, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ted, on my 1450 the hoses to the cylinder have swivels on the valve end.

Charlie & Steve went out this mornning started the 1650 put in forward then backwards and its works fine. I guess it wasn't ready yet or at least that what we would say at work when things don't work for no reason.
err.gif
So i change the hydro oil & filter wasn't to bad in there. Only after i change the oil did it blow a hydro line
angry.gif
thanks

Thanks, Richard-sure enough, the hose on the fwd end of my lift cylinder is going to the TOP connection on my valve body.

Now that we're talkin' hyd lines, what happens if I move the lever for my FRONT hyd option on my 1450, but there's NOTHING attached up there? Does a pressure rise open a blow-by valve or what? Does hyd fluid just shoot out the front?

Just wondering, the (2) levers are still frozen as (1), and the arm that would actuate the front hyd valve slips on the shaft.

Ok guys having trouble with the 1200 again though not the creeper this time. I have a QA36A blower and changed out the pulley to a 3 inch and new belt. So far I have had to replace 3 of the shear keys in the pulley and the blower it a lot noisier. I changed the 3 inch pulley to a 3 ½ still eating the keys and noisy. I checked the bearings and gear box which were fine changed back to the original 4 inch pulley is now much quieter is not shearing pins, but does not throw the snow as far. Any ideas why the smaller pulley would make more noise and go through keys? The pulleys are cast from TSC.

Are you shearing those keys as soon as you engage the PTO, or sometime during operation?

My guess is that the added inertia load due to the higher auger speed DUE to the smaller pulley is the culprit. Also, the increased "noise" is because everything is spinning faster.

It's going to require more power to spin that thing faster with the smaller pulley, and just like you need to feed more gas to your car to maintain a higher speed under load, the blower is doing more WORK (distance/time) with that smaller pulley. I think the key is the weak link there, and IH would have sized that rascal for the stock pulley, with maybe not enough design margin to accomodate your 3" pulley.

Todd, how far do you want to throw that snow? IMO the first thing to do, provided you have not already done it, would be to clean up any rust on the inside of the auger housing and discharge chute then prime and paint it, then brush on (not the spray stuff) two coats of graphite paint. My QA42 with stock pulley hooked up to my 125 throws the snow plenty far. Have you checked the gear case for oil & or grease?

32923.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on December 12, 2005)

I've been promoting graphite paint on QA snowthrowers so often recently that I may have to change my tag line from "Keeper of the Photos" to "Mr Graphite Paint" but that might prompt some "Teflon Don" or "Slick Willie" like comments....

Hmmm - my smaller pulley works just fine on my QA-42A.

My stab at it would be that the stock pulley (IIRC) has 2 set screws - one on the key and one on the shaft. The new pulley probably only has one set screw - drill a second hole around 90° from the original and tap it.

TED B. - Your auxillary remote outlets should have quick connects on them on Your 1450. They'll prevent oil from shooting out the ends of the tubes. In the hydro system I don't think it hurts anything to move one of the levers without anything connected. The pump is still circulating oil.

Does not shear the pins right away usually after one or two passes over the driveway (150 ft driveway. I was thinking maybe I was shutting the blower down while there was still snow in the unit, but still sheared a pin when the unit was clear. Could it be that I am engaging the blower I full throttle? Should I engage it at a lower speed?

Kraig- The chute is nice and clean! I was throwing about 30' with the 3 and 3 ½ inch pulley and about 15 feet with the original 4 1/4 pulley. I sure did enjoy the 30' blow.

Bryan- The origanl does have two set screws and the smaller pulleys only one. I will try tapping a second.

Ted- It's a LOT more noise... like the bearings are bad, but once I installed the original it's back to quite??

Thanks all!

Todd:

I'll bet engaging while at full throttle doesn't help, think about it; asking all that mass to spin up immediately is a lot of load.I don't know about the set screws, I thought they didn't carry any real load, the key should do that.

Dennis: Thanks for the confirmation, just wondering what to expect when I get the levers separated.

Kraig: Where can a guy get this brush-on graphite paint? I spoke with one of the sponsers, and his opinion of the spray stuff was mixed, he couldn't endorse it either way. Will brush-on cure in my 40 deg garage?

Ted, Fleet Farm sells a version of it that is made by Val-spar. When I did mine years ago it was in November and quite cold, I used several 500 watt halogen work lights to heat up the steel it cured no problem.

Any PTO implement is like a vehicle with a clutch, you never rev the engine up to full speed and drop the clutch, at least not if you are paying the bills.

Question for you guys. I have a 72 with a 10hp motor, what is the best snow blower I can put on this. I am wanting to buy a blower to clean my drive and street. I can't afford to pay to have them cleaned, and the county won't do it. A blower would be the answer, not to mention that it would be a great addition to the garage. From my studying, I think I could use a QA36/42 or QA 36/42A. I just don't know if my motor can pull the 42? And I don't know if any specific model is better than the others at moving snow.

thanks!

Joe

hooking up my snowthrower to the 782 i got earlier this year,it now has a 18hp magnum w/oil filter, would like to change the pulley on the thrower but i want to see what it will do as is, but what size was the pulley? is it 3" inside or outside dia. thanks jeff

Joe "A",
Be sure it's the "QA" and not the "QA-XX-A" with the slide tabs for the Frankenstine bolts. I would go with the 36". You might have to look for a CW-36 instead for the 72.

Jeff V:

The original drive pulley is 4-1/4" OD. The 3" or 3-1/2" OD pulleys are used to increase the thrower speed.

Tom-

Why not the "A" model with the quick-attach tabs? I thought all the tractors in the 72, 1x4/5 series had quick attach....

Any one know of a place to get a new generator tag for the Delco S/G? I used to get them from a guy in TX called Classic Generator but I can't find him any more.

Anyone?}

Latest posts

Back