• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Mike P

wow good haul ! I got a few around here that don`t run. I get one running and then swap parts to test to see which ones can be used . You will have a ball with that and a big snow blower. No more long pushes or finding room to put that snow . You can blow it back 30' with that. Hope you had a great xmas.

Scott A

That is some load of wood. I think the tires could use some more air. I bet that load is heavy .

Heading out back to spray Federal Yellow! a complete 100 in parts and also the yellow parts of a 1606. Will post after I'm done!

Frank, The one I have is a "Handy" brand Air Lift. I think they are made in The Quad cities right here in the Midwest. They have an ad in MWSC catalog. very pricey! I was darn lucky to find mine used at a Cub dealer before he had his auction. List price in the catalog I just got is $1517 plus freight!!

Jim H: Ya just gotta remind the Mrs. that they are not lawn mowers...they are garden tractors!! Have her say it............. repeat after me.... Gaaarrrrrden Traaactorrrrs

Frank C. They are called a Handy Lift and several models are available. They are made in nearby Marshalltown, Iowa. Handy Lift Co.

I now have the engine out of the 147 and it is loaded for going to Mike Beadle's in the morning. I'll be bringing the 108 home tomorrow.
happy.gif

Good afternoon, has anybody ever put some 10.5" bar/lug, tires on 8.5" rims, and run them on a narrow frame 1x5 or earlier, just wondering what it would look like? 8.5" would have been my first choice but Santa didn't ask. Tks

Joel G
I would think it would be hard to get the corect amount of air that the tread would lay flat for great traction. Put and add in the wanted section and get the proper size rims .Not many $$ for good use rims.I have BTDT .

Tks don, I do have proper rims, but have seen in the past were guys mix match rims and tires and sometimes it looked ok,

Joel G

looks ok, don`t mean it works like intended ;any tire selling company should print info on what fits which rim and what works best. You can stick them together and never have what the tire was made for.It looks cool but the thread stays rounded and hurts traction.get the correct rim for your new tire. just my
266011.gif

Marlin H--I'm excited to follow your progress and development of the 108! Make sure you start a thread in the refurbish section... I don't want to miss anything with that. I'd like to build one myself after watching how well Rick Beems tractor worked at the BC plow day!

Joel G-- I've run AG's (bar lugs) on both my 100 and my son's 125. They are 23x10.50-12's. They are mounted on the wider rims so I'm not sure how they would look on an 8" rim. However, I like the look of them on both my tractors. It really is a matter of preference. I agree with Don, just locate a set of the wider rims. I'm outta town and don't have access to my pic folder right now but if you searched the archives you could see what they look like on both the round fender and flat fender NF tractors! Good luck.

Joshua S. Thank You!!! It'll be a slow process since I want to do things right. Plus I need to stay on a budget with it. If someone could put me onto literally the correct Demonstrator Gold paint then I would consider a custom paint job. My local CASEIH dealer is no help at all with that. Fancy took one look at Barney in the Dakota and then looked at me. I told him what was going on and then he just settled back into my arms. I pulled a muscle on my left side so removng the engine was a long and slow process. It currently is sitting on my roller chair in the garage.
happy.gif

Marlin H--I'd love to see you make that into a demonstrator with custom yet stock appearing decals! I'm sure someone will be able to put you on to the correct gold paint. I know if I come across that info, I'll pass it along. I'm sure you'll do it right, and I can't wait to watch it happen. As we are completing dad's "Chief" 149 project it looks like we will have a fair amount of extra parts. Let me know if you need something, cause we may have it! Good luck!

Joel Goodine,
I think you already know this but others may not. From the factory, Cub Cadets with 23-8.50 tires were mounted on 7" wide wheels and 23-10.50 tires were mounted on 8.5" wide wheels.

So in answer to your original question, I think 23-10.50 bar tires (mounted on 8.5" wheels) look good on narrow frame Cub Cadets.

Marlin- Was curious myself on the Gold Demo Paint- Looks like it is somewhat a guessing game without someone going into the IH archives for the correct memo noting it. But some google searches showed the following:
This one appears to answer your question "The correct color for the GOLD DEMO paint is 4357 gold metallic from the IH truck division. I've noticed several scouts and trucks of this color and it's the correct color. Ken Updike and I have talked about this several times. IH would have used what was on hand at the time than change to some special paint.":
http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66234
Another reference:
http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71053
Bermuda Ken (Ken Updike) notes "IH Gold" ..??
http://67.132.201.2/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=farmall&th=891376
And this reference, not sure if the gold is a "demo" gold??-
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?gncl=Gold&manuf=International%20Harvester
Good luck,
David

Marlin-
I delved into this a few years ago. Head to your local shop (I believe I went to a NAPA) and find their paint sample book. I believe it was something like a 1973 TransStar where I found the match (could have been a Scout or Travelall for all I remember).

I know of a real gold demo within walking distance from here, but its so faded that its closer to a "rusty silver" nowadays.

Good morning, All. Joshua S. Wyatt C. and David G. A BIG Thank You for the information. I'll be moving this over to the Refurb and Restoration Column.

Thank You, Charlie for the gentle reminder.
happy.gif
And whereas it is 9* here I just checked and it is -16* in Park Rapids, Minnesota. Angel and I are still keeping Charlie's family in our thoughts and prayers.

Since it is so danged cold out today, everyone stay warm and be careful.

Latest posts

Back