• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lurking.gif

Nothing unusual going on here!
I say something about being off topic and the forum goes dead because I've pissed someone off, same ole, same ole!
As long as everyone gets to do what they want, when they want with no repercussions, all is well.
Just like a kindergarten class!!!!

HI, Charlie. Nope. I'm not upset. Just checking in. Somehow my pictures on the cell phone won't transfer to my e:mail. Only thing I can report is 108 Serial number 452603 has a new home. Just too danged cold to unload tonight.

BTW... If I may inquire how are things going with your rebuilding and perhaps a time frame when CC Specialties may be up and running again? I'll be making a list.
happy.gif

Charlie, I think its more like a "I need a rest Sunday". Raining here on the east coast, and screwy weather in the midwest. I dont think anyone took offense at a minor infraction that was politely corrected. Stay warm, -14*, gee wizz, I have no idea how cold that is...P.S. one of the outdoor cats is using my Cub seat(under a tarp)for daytime refuge. I guess its warm<font size="-2">er</font> there than outside.

Just throwing this question out there, the Series I & II engines in the 782's - what is the difference between them besides the fact they have a I & a II on them and the rods are different - can the parts be interchanged? The carb and stuff the same? Just looking at different parts off the parts tractor with the series I and the mobile one that has a series II.

Wife seen the blower & 782 today. YIKES! It went better than I thought, but the air was BLUE for a minute or two. Thankfully the daughter & her boyfriend were there, they kinda laughed at her and it helped cool things down. I am sure, like many other things, the dust hasn't settled yet over this one, it will come back and bite my ass yet! Oh well, the joys of having a nagging wife!

It was around zero to 2 degrees Celcius here today, lots of snow melting, not enough to get the 8 inches or so off the garage or house roof, but its starting. I don't really like the idea of having to rake it off, that's too much like work!

Marlin H.
I didn't mean you in particular, it's always been that way, LOL

No real time frame, I'm rather enjoying the time off.
My enthusiasm comes and goes. Mostly goes! grin

COLD!
Not yet, but it's getting close!
266027.jpg

Mike,
As far as I can recall alot of the bolt on parts will interchange. Carb included Not so sure about the internal though.
Charlie,
Would you be kind enuff to share your weather with me this week? Then give me about 2in of snow to clear up and hold the frost in? Thanks Jim

With all the chatter about Snow removal and Traction, I had a question: What is the Max. Tongue weight on these tractors (782)? I'd hate to crack the rear end Casing.
Never used this tractor in the snow yet, just reading the forum and trying to prepare. Do not want to put liquid in teh tires. Thinking about doing this. I set this up just to get opinions. Notice the hitch itself is not stock . It was there from the P.O. The chains run from the hitch to the Tractor Frame. I believe that will handle most of the weight. Looks like I can put another 25lb plate on there before it touches the Body. 100lbs.. how is that for extra traction weight and will the hitch be OK with that?

266031.jpg

266032.jpg

Tony, I have 85 pounds hanging on my cub rear-end

266038.jpg

Jeff,
The 85 lbs is bolted to the Stock 'L' bracket Hitch?
OK, I feel real comfortable with my little setup having the Helper chains connected to the frame.

The more I tinker with this Tractor (I got for free this Fall) and clean it up here and there the more I think I will be painting it in the Spring. The newly painted rims and the Diamond plate Foot Treads I just made make teh paint really look bad. It looked better when the whole thing looked equally weather beaten : )

Latest posts

Back