• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnajecki

displayname
Roy Najecki
I've got a Kohler engine spec question. I've got two 149's. One made in Sept '71 and the second in Dec '72. Both are K321A engines. The older 149 has an obliterated Kohler label, and the newer 149 Kohler label reads Spec 60166d. The engines are slightly different, ie the spark plug is centered on the head of the older 149 and off-center in the newer, and thus they have different cylinder head baffles. Would the older 149 have the same Kohler engine spec as the newer 149? If not, any idea on what is older 149 engine spec?

Roy N.-

I don't think the spec numbers would be different. Kohler moved the spark plug over the exhaust valve sometime in that period IIRC. I've had tractors with replacement engines that had different head and baffles, but I'm pretty sure the spec numbers were the same.

Roy N,
The "D" is the newer block design which requires the use of the newer cylinder head. The heat baffle is different due to the centered spark plug which promoted better combustion. They made this change at serial# 438962 and the new part number is 55159C1 and is still used today.
Like Matt said, I think the spec number was the same.

Question: Will a narrow frame snow plow fit a wide frame tractor without any modification??

Dustin...
It will if you get the proper sub-frame, available from the classifieds area or from one of the sponsors above!!!

Kraig, do think a 73 will handle a 42" deck or should I look for something smaller ?

Scott,

Do you have pictures of the different sub frames or know where I could find them??

Thanks Dustin

Dustin, here's what a wide frame blade subframe looks like. Note that the pins at the front point outward.

88345.jpg

Brendan, years ago (1978-1980) I worked for a local farmer and he had a Cub Cadet model 72 with a 42" deck, unless my memory is failing me, it seemed to work just fine. Perhaps someone with more recent experience will post.

Mowed with my new 129 for the first time today,worked 100%!I love the room on this tractor,i just don't undestand why people buy new tin cans when you can buy a tank like this.
thumbsup.gif

Shawn:
Although there's another guy around here that thinks the 125 (with that funny grille) is the best of the best, you've got the top of the class with that 129! (the only one that might be better is the 149 and that's just 'cause of the hydraulic lift). Hope you have yours (and enjoy it as much) as long as I have had mine!
beerchug.gif

Isn't it a lot easier to ask what Kraig DOESNT have pictures of????
err.gif

Kendell, you're starting to sound like Art!
wedgie.gif

Jerry,
happy.gif

Well, I finished up the installation of my airline. I went with 1/2" black steel pipe with proper water trap/drains, risers and a filter/regulator/water trap. I'm hopeful that will end the moisture in the airline. Now I can get back to sand blasting, priming and painting Cub Cadet parts.
bouncy.gif

Kraig:
At least the rain doesn't drip in a 129's grill ....

Sounds good on the air supply - when you "giterdun", post some pics (I think we had a thread going in the sandbox..) You got me ready to replumb to get an "up and over" into my first air station. I glass beaded parts for about an hour last night and drained about 4 ounces of water out of the first trap!

Kendell, what rain?
dunno.gif
uhoh.gif
I might have to make a small change or two to the airline, I have not been able to find a 1/2" flexible pipe locally to connect between the air compressor and the pipe. (So far I have only looked at Menard's and Fleet Farm.) I'm just using a short length of 3/8" hose with quick disconnects for now but I would like to upgrade it. I have not tried out the new airline yet, perhaps the 3/8" hose will be OK, I should know tomorrow that is if I have a chance to test it. I might take some photos but the garage is a mess around where it's run. The pipe runs under a built in shelf that the previous owner of the house put in and a portion of it runs above where I have a bunch of garden tools hanging. Hard to see it in amongst all the clutter.
blush.gif
Maybe I'll just take some detail photos or at least try to crop out the mess.

would like to thank the guys that gave me the advice on my 149 key switch problem. there were TWO saftey switches, and I only knew of the one on the brake pedal. when I found the second one, and completed the circut there, it cranked right up with the key. If not for looking for the second one, I'd still be scratching my a--, trying to figure it out. thanks again guys, you saved the day once again.........mike

kraig
i bet you dont have pics of a 100 moving a big trailer like this!!!
man i wish i could say i was actually moving a 24ft enclosed trailer rather than making it look that way since i have nothin else to do all day
88359.jpg

Kraig, you can use Hyd hose with 1/2 or 3/4 pipe thread ends You can get most any length you need and pressure should not be an issue. shouldn't cost much either.

Michael, I have a photo of it now.
happy.gif

Jerry, good idea!
beerchug.gif
I'll have to make another stop at Fleet Farm.

Latest posts

Back