• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendell-
I stopped in at Kraig's place tonight just before he finished up his air piping project.

Here's a photo I took.....
bouncy.gif

88367.jpg

Art, sure now I have to take real photos of the real airline. Where did you really take (find) that photo?

Thanks Kraig, I'll give it a try. My 102 is gettin pretty tired so it could be down to 7hp anyhow. I'm thinkin about mounting a newer style 38" deck under it, will have to fab some mounts but may try it.

Looks like Art is tryin to keep you honest
lol.gif

Kraig-
That's all I know is that I don't want you to come yappin' to me when you have issues with rust flakes in your paint.

Or maybe that's what's refered to as a "red-neck metalic paint-job"?........
roflol.gif

Just curious,why people love the 129 so much?A few guys that saw it in my yard stopped and were all over it!What about 149's and 169's?

KRAIG - On Your 1/2" flexible air line I'd use hydraulic hose, It's single steel braid with rubber lining inside & out. I think SAE 100R is good to 3000 PSI so it'll be the LAST thing to fail in Your central air system. I'm still running My compressor with rubber hoses laying all over the shop floor but I'd planned on using hyd. hose to hook My compressor to My system.
Brendan - A 73 with 42" deck would probably be a first gear only mower depending on which 2nd gear Your 73 has...if it's the fast 19-T like My 72 2nd is almost too fast to do a good job of mowing unless grass is very light. But a 42" deck would cover ground about 10-12% faster (depending on overlap) than Your 38" deck and probably doesn't pull that much harder. Those 38" decks speed up those tiny outside spindles so much they actually pull pretty hard. My 44A & 50C decks pull easier than My 38" deck. I almost traded My Dad My 38" deck for a similar 42" deck He had years ago except I'd already "Modified" My 38" and didn't want/need another project.
MICHAEL R. - If there was a big 4WD pickup or two smaller cars in that trailer You "MIGHT" Not be able to move that trailer with Your 100 but if it's empty or lightly loaded and You can get traction Your 100 should move that easily. I used to move hay racks & wagons all over the yard with Our 70 when Dad was farming. They were empty but with My scrawny 100# self in the seat and no weights and the stock Pizza-Cutter turf tires I was severly traction limited

Anybody have any idea what this is? It's on a Lo-boy that a friend of mine is looking at buying. The current owner has no idea what it is, he's just using the tractor to push snow.
88374.jpg

Graeme,
happy.gif

Denny, well that makes two votes for hydraulic hose, I may have to go that route, I KNOW Fleet Farm has it. Thanks.

Well I took some photos of the airline this morning. I'll post them in a little bit, I need to download them from the camera, oh and I need to get some work done here.

Jason: It looks like a attachment for a spreader or pump I am not sure about the Car Lock logo.

Pops
old.gif

I posted the airline photos to the The Machine Shop forum area. All, (except Art
wedgie.gif
), feel free to add suggestions and criticize my installation.
happy.gif

B.Brigham, I think my 73 w\42" mower deck is a perfect combination! It provides me a gas sippin' tractor & a fair width of cut. I cut my property (small) mostly in first gear. I then haul it over to the in-laws (large lot) and do it all in second gear. It's a stamped deck and I've only had to change the center spindle bearings! I also do both lots twice on less than a tankful of gas! I don't think a 12 horse could do that!

Just in case you might think that some of our Sponsors only carry Cub Cadets & Parts, think again.
R.F. Houtz & Son also carry some pretty good Cub Cadet chainsaws!
10 minutes out of the box and I was cuttin logs.
thumbsup_old.gif

88389.jpg

Shawn C.
I like the 129 because it makes owning a 125 SILLY!
rofl.gif

That should get things going!
The 149 is 2 HP better and the 169 is 4 HP better.
88391.jpg

MIKE F. - Yes, those little K161/181's don't burn as much gas as a larger Kohler but they also work much harder. I had a K241 in My 72 for a LOT of years, a decent running K301 in My 129 & the ONAN in the 982. The 72/K241 combo with a 38" deck burned the most gas on My 2+ acre lot when I normally ran in 1st gear. In second gear it didn't do as good a job mowing but also covered more ground per gallon of gas. The 129/301 with 44A deck was the most fuel-efficient combo, used about 3 to 3-1/2 gallons compared to the 72's 4+ gal. The 982 would always use right at 3-1/2 to 4 gal. also but it's also heavier and has to run the hydraulics full time which neither other tractor had.
The dozen or so times I've mowed with the 72 with the new hot K321 in it, it still burns around 4 gal. of gas unless the grass is REALLY tall.
When You calculate acres/gallon these tractors ALL really come in very close to the same....but then it's all about "Seat Time" anyhow.
ihrotate.gif

Plow ID game:
dunno.gif
anyone can tell me what make plow this is see pic. got it along with a 8" Brinly plow at auction yesterday.both good shape ,all moving parts move nice n' smooth. dont need this one but need to ID it. any you plow brainiacs know who/what make?
help.gif
88394.jpg

That looks like a Brinly plow with a Wheel Horse slot hitch adapter.

My first guess was Brinly-its definitely heavy metal/construction. but wheel "axle" looks different than the one on my 8". maybe cause of bigger size,more heavy-duty?? I knew there is some kinda adapter on it didnt know it is Wheel Horse adapter.

Jerry H.,
88396.gif

I have a different opinion as most already know.

88397.jpg

Kraig:
Hydraulic hose - yes... I plumbed in 3/4 and that piece for the flex line was less than $10.00 made up on the spot.. (in '92....). I have another pic of that lady on the 125 - I think she's thinking something.... I'll dig the picture up..

Latest posts

Back