Archive through January 30, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krandall

displayname
Kurt Randall
Good Evening Everyone....FINALLY got a bunch of snow this weekend and just came in from the second round of plowing the drive....YE HAW.....
Gotta love lining in a Lake Effect snow area.....
Not sure how much we got but Supposed to get 4-6 more this evening.....Everyone is invited to come over and plow snow to their hearts content....
Sorry no pics I got weathered out today at work but the wife had to go to work so no camera operator....Was great I had control of the remote AND got alot of seat time....It's a beautiful thing....
buttrock.gif
beerchug.gif

Terry, is a Caddigger 508 what would normally go on the back(?) of a 147 ? Maybe I make my 147 more useful than just rolling around the lawn with a trailer. :) Also, where is the pump and connected to where?

Hey everyone...

I've been lurking on the board for a number of years. I've got a '64 (I'm guessing from the serial #) Cub Cadet 100 with a 48" mower deck and 36 snow thrower. I bought it about 10 years ago when I lived in Vermont and had a big lawn and a big driveway! Now I live in a suburb in PA, and the lawnmower doesn't see much use anymore. The snowthrower is complete overkill for the size of my driveway, but it's still a blast to play with!

I recently bought a big IH 3514 for some work on my parents property. It's a bit too big to do some of the final detail work, and I'm considering a plow type blade for the cub to push around some dirt.

Anyone have any suggestions for what might fit my cub, and be useful for some light duty dirt pushing?

Thanks!
-Russ

Allen,
Yes, normally you would put a 508 on the back. I figured I already had an arm sticking out the front so I would try that. If it didn't work out then my fallback option would be to complete the digger.
50815.jpg

50816.jpg

50817.jpg

50818.jpg

50819.jpg

50820.jpg

Stirring the (paint) pot. I have read the FAQ's etc. (at least up to a few weeks ago, & also searched thru Updikes book, & all I read is 'Yellow' & 'White' (in various shades). So, howcome the BLUE (at least that's what it looks like on my computer) hood & wheels on the 'Original' at the top of this web page (which also happen to be very close to my 102?) Just been pondering for some time.

Graeme -

Put some glasses on or get yourself a Pantone chart and tweak your PC's color settings! The wheels are WHITE, I know - that was MY old Original used for the logo.

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>901 white has a greenish cast to it, but it's still white.

The lighting may also affect what you're seeing. This look white enough for ya?
wink.gif

50822.jpg

Graeme,
Tilt your head the other way and buy a new monitor.
There's no blue paint on any pre 1981 Cub, except for the decals on some.
rofl.gif

Russell R,
Lurking all that time and can't find the MTD/CCC section? shame shame,
bouncy.gif

Charlie,
How complete is your loader? Do you have all the necessary brackets and parts for it to fit on a cub? If not what are you missing? Can the missing parts be fabricated easily (like pump mounts) or will they need to be purchased (like the valves or pump)? Which cub are you planning to put under the loader?

Terry,
It's all there, brackets and all.
Just needs a new hose to the pump.
It's going on a 1250. They are no good for anything else IMHO, LOL

GLEN SMITH,REASON I LIKE THE SEAT SPRING THE WAY I INSTALLED IT WAS BECAUSE IT SITS TO FLAT AND RIDES HARD WHEN YOUR SITTING ON IT,AND I DID THE SAME TO THE WIFES 70..BUT......NO NARROW FRONT ON HER TRACTOR LIKE THE 100!!
beer2.gif

GLEN.HERES THE 70..ITS BEEN DONE BUT THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN BEFORE I INSTALLED THE MOTOR.AS YOU CAN SEE THE SEAT SPRING IS ALSO LIKE MY 100..VERN
50831.jpg

Glen C.
Be careful what you wish for, I lived through the blizzards of '96 and '03! When you get that much snow (2 1/2 to 3 feet) nothing short of a full-sized backhoe will dig you out of the drifts.

Got about a half an inch up here in Reisterstown this evening. Took the QA-42A out, spit out probably more gravel than snow, but we are expecting another round Thursday night.

Terry, thanks for the pix of your setup. Now I gotta figure out what a Type 0 hitch is. Hope its what's on the back normally. (a plate and tow hole)

hey bruce, this might do also E-bay# 160079737715. But i get where you are comeing from, as you can only push so much snow, ...terry, nice set up for the front-hoe, i would guess that to be able to swing the boom to move dirt out of the way would be nice, but you have to work with what you have.....is hole is no problem,but to dig a trench 25 feet long, would be a little harder? Vern, i was thinking about doing the same thing to the original i am restoring, nice job on the 70 also.
ihrotate.gif

Glen,
Digging a trench is no problem. Remember, a cub is mobile. You just dig, backup, turn, drive forward, dump, backup, turn, drive forward, dig, and repeat. It takes a little more time than the tradition swinging backhoe but that's OK. You do have to plan the hole though. If you dig out some dirt then move over for another scoop the front wheel might fall into your last hole. The front tires get close to the hole. Maybe if they have a hole digging contest at plow day I'll throw the attachment on the trailer and bring it down.

Many thanks to all you responded to my question about the Cub on ebay. I am working on two Kohlers now, one a 141 & a 161. I like the engines that are older it seems. Just finished my 14HP for the 128.
G.L.

Vern, nice job on the 70! What's that green behind the 70? (Not referring to your wife's coat.)
happy.gif

Russell, there are two subframes for the blade setup that will work on your 100. The bolt on, non-QA narrow frame subframe or the QA narrow frame subframe. First up below is the non-QA subframe:

50834.jpg

50835.jpg

You can also use the mower deck mule drive bracket in place of the extension braces.

50836.jpg

Here is the QA subframe version:

50837.jpg

50838.jpg

Latest posts

Back