• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 14, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least it's warming up a little!
293144.jpg

So we go to Caseys in town this morning. A local dairy farmer was in fueling his pickup truck and getting coffee and some donuts to take home. He was telling the cashier that it was so cold this morning that he noticed the bull go outside the barn. When he looked at the thermometer on the side of the barn and saw how cold it was, he went back into the back and slipped inside a nice warm Jersey.
293147.gif

Charlie, what is your temp? It was -16°F at my place this morning.

Well its not quite as cold as ya'll up north but its 3 deg this am with windchills they said were -16. Considering it was just 52 and rain 2 days ago with the temps dropping off yesterday quickly. I think we are going to get a small snow here finally,well small one to at least play in. Ive not had time to finish my snow cab,I was hoping to at least get the frame done then I could wrap a tarp on it to get me buy till I get the metal installed. Ohhh well a few more times the old way wont kill me....

Polar Vortex. are theweather men hexing us with all these new weather terms??. It use to be " below normal-cold". Now the Vortexs are getting us. Maybe its just cause I'm OLD? do I really need all these fancy words for something as simple as its COLD.? lol. but I do like the tern " REAL FEEL opposed to WIND CHIll..lol.

the POLAR VORTEX makes its return from last year and no we havent forgotten who dang cold it was last year.. Ok, so its gonna be really really cold. Ugh, I sit and listen to the furnace run and think MONEY..MONEY..MONEY. Geex, I can't turn it down really low or the pipes will be freezing up, a great reminder of last year. Oh, I guess 2014 was the 14th coldest winter on record. When I was a kid I remember we havd tons of snow but not as frigid. Or maybe its because I'm old and achey thta it seems coldr then when I was just a babe playing in the snow.

Our neighor Iam is offering his cubbys to do plowing and blowing.. he was here last night at 9pm and made a swatch and this morning at a little after 5am he was back getting us plowed out. I know Marlin is sooo appreciative that Ian is doing it.He'll be happy to see we are all clear when he gets home. I think we got about 4-5" from this storm that roared thru.

I told fancy he needs to wear his carharts when he goes out, and he just grunts his reply. Hes interesting how he'll answer. The yeses are very clear and the NO's are tooI was talking to him and he was answering correctly I might add and then I said you are too fat, and he said nothing but flipped me " and your point is"..expression. hahaha. He really dislikes it when I call him FAT.

Cath

Our neighbor, Ian has discovered how great a 125 with snowthrower is. He's fallen head over heels for my 125 with the snowthrower on it. Last night he had his 127 and bladed. This morning, he had the 125/thrower. I texted him that he now needs to spend the next couple of days getting warmed up.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back