• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 14, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
Shultzie - Back around winter of 1973 I had a Meteorology course in college, Prof was the weekend weather man for a MILW. TV station. One Friday night he predicted mostly cloudy for the weekend weather. What we really got was 24 inches of lake effect snow in 24 hours. Monday's lecture for 55 minutes was, "Why I blew Friday night's Forecast". You got five miles away from the lake front and there were only light flurries, no accumulation.

That lake effect snow can be CRAZY!

It has been in the mid 20's at night for a week but low 40s in the sun during the day, no rain.

currently 13f wind chill of -7f forcast for tonight is 6f with windchill of -15f

Probaly feels warm for Charlie

We've actually warmed up today.
292126.jpg

Charlie it is 60 deg here at 9:45 pm . we are getting some warm weather from down the coast . Happens quite a bit here.

Single digits this am with negative wind chills. I'm already wishing it was April.......

Don,
Enjoy the 60's..........
taunt.gif

Sorry, just had to do that.
err.gif

I guess its comforting to know that everyone is miserable, right? We know atleast we be not suffering alone. It was rather a rude awakening though to go from 60's to single digits. Its suppose to hit the 40's this week-end. Hope is in sight if only for a brief moment. Guess that is why when we were out everyday taking fancy for his daily rides the squirrels were running amok getting their nuts gathered and buried. lol. I thought I heard the rumor that this winter wasn't going to be like the <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> we endured last year. humm, I hope that is the case. I dont want to be paying the heating bills I had last year, but then again, I got us heated throws so now I can keep the heat down abit and we dont suffer. And of course the kitties are always piled on us, thus they aren't cold either. I mean keeping the heat at 68 really isn't cold, now is it? I had the chills the other day and I simply went and curled up in my soft blankie and all was fine again...beats turning the heat up!!! It is nice to see some white stuff on the ground..covering the dull. drab colorless fall colors.

cath

Acording to my computer it is 23 in Gulf shores Alabama, My thermometer here in Tennessee is at 9 and Ogden Iowa at 29. Just don't make sense.

a cold SNAP..thats this all is.

we have a " REAL feel" of 1 degree above 0 to say how cold it feels but isnt.

the last post I did, I didnt say any naughty word and it came up with the RED marks.. what is with that?

cath

Man, I just looked at the extended through December and I'm thinkin Al Gore was right on the global warming thing, LOL
292484.jpg

Charlie, you beat me by about 13 degrees. I had -2° F this morning.

I just made a HUGE mistake. Went to check the temp and it said 4degrees. Not bad, right? then I clicked on for more details, since we have weather warnings, and it is actual REAl FEEL of MINUS 27. what? yep, that cold NNW wind is blowing and we knew it was cold out, as Hannah and I spent the night under the electric blanket. I dont turn it on that often, as I prefer cooler to warmer and so does Hannah, but it was, and is still really CHILLY in our bedroom. burrrr...so we have this for a week? It is bringing back really bad feelings from last year.! but it will warm up, rightr? lol. ( hannah is sitting here in front of me on the comp reaching out and giving me Hannah pets..ahh, she's such a little sweetheart

stay warm everyone..

Cath

Back