• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 23, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reincarnation of CT Farm and Country/ Quality Farm is now called Valu Bilt based in Indianola Ia. Its pretty much the used/reman/new parts division of the fore mentioned stores. I can tell you this. Any paint from CT, Quality, Valu Bilt, Tisco is actually Iowa Paint. I see it all the time on the Ia Paint dock in Des Moines. IMHO the Iowa Paint is good only for something thats going to get scratched up and for keeping metal covered up for rust prevention. It fades quickly when exposed to UV light rays. I wish Mills Farm/Fleet would build a store in Des Moines. My in-laws used to go to Blaine's in Cedar Falls. They are about half way between CF and Mason City where Mills is. We now go up to Mason City to MIlls most every time we visit.

Dave, when I switched to #2 cables on my 125 and 5W-20 in the engine it will now start at -10 on its own. I left the original cables on and added the larger ones to it. It groaned and had it not lit right off it wouldn't have started. I'll bet you might have an open winding in the armature. When I got my 125 it wouldn't crank fast enough because of that. Its engine was also soo tired it wouldn't spin up the mower deck on concrete. Probably why the S/G was half fried. My Father-in-law has a 300 utility that did the rrruhh.....rrruhh thing but never failed to start. Even had the starter gone through and thought at first they missed something. They told him about the cables and that there is a difference between 6v and 12v cables. He thought they were nuts. I told him I'd heard the same thing. We got some 00 gauge welding cable and custom made all of the cables with it. That tractor now cranks so fast on 6v that you think its going to flip.

The last "GLORIOUS DISPLAY OF TWISTED STEEL" I saw was the drive shaft of an MCI bus during a stall test on the Allison transmission. It is amazing seeing who much of a mess a 3' drive shaft can make when the welds fail and it unravels like a roll of toilet paper!

Wyatt,

Beats me........,but then again, my QA-42A still has a stock pulley on it (for now at least)
happy.gif
happy.gif

Looks like Charlie has the right size pulley for the amount power available. Use too small of pulley and you'll run out of power real fast ;-)

Travis -

As I was corrected by Cap'n Kirk, you'll run out of torque real fast.

That said, I think that one should consider what their "normal" snow is like. If it's usually colder than a, well, you know, when it snows, then you can prolly go smaller cuz you have lighter snow. If, like around here, you tend to get heavier, wetter snows, then smaller will get you into "belt slip" territory real quick.

Just thinking, I just KNOW I'm gonna see one of you guys featured in a Vonage commercial... <font size="-2">woo hoo woo hoo hoooooo...</font>

Ok Wyatt, where is the design for the snowthrower TA??????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

ooooo hey that's an idea. Could probably do more easily with a variable sheave belt drive, but dare we lower ourselves to put a belt-drive Variator on the thing
happy.gif

Hmmm. I've got the remains of an old Sears and Sawbuck tractor out back with the vari-drive on it, and lots of linkage pieces laying around...the old 123 would probably reject it being as it's definately the wrong blood type...

In this neck of the woods, TSC's are in all of the old Central Tractor stores, with much the same look and product. The staff here locally said that a goodly part of TSC's structure evolved out of CT. We delivered a huge amount of product to all of the stores in our region when they opened up, including tons of Hillman stuff. But they certainly aren't CT. I miss the counterman knowing what you were talking about when you were looking for a 90 degree drive unit for a Super A PTO.
thumbsdown.gif

Who makes "Slip-Plate? I wonder if they have a distribitor or retailer here in the NE.

Hi my name is Tom I am new to this forum and new to the cub cadet world. I just bought a new house and needed a tractor so I bought what my father-in-law calls the best, CUB CADET. I purchased a 682 hydro it is yellow, we looked for a red one but they were all beat up. I snatched this one with 500 hrs on it a 44c mower, a 42 in snow blade tire weights and chains for 800.00. It is in great shape. My question is I want to put a sleeve hitch on it were do I get one? how do they work? and how do I put it on? I do want it to match the tractor and I want to use a plow and a blade on the rear.

Thanks Tom

Obtaining Slip-Plate -

It's not that tough. <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> dealers have sold it for years, check with your local Case/<FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> dealer. Or better yet, buy it from our sponsor C&G. Grainger sells it as well.

Tom R.

Is the drawbar held on with 3 or 4 bolts????? Reason??? The 4 bolt models have an AL transmission that interferes with the installation of an IH sleeve hitch.

Torque Number?
I have the Motor on my 149 Helicoiled and need to know how much Torque to apply to the Mounting Capscrews. The oilpan is Aluminum and my rule of "If a little pressure is good then a lot of pressure is better" won't apply. My book is silent on this point. Can you guys advise?

Helicoils take the same torque as the original spec.

Sure Bryan, get technical on me ;-)

I'm not sure I will check and get back to you. I will tell you it has nothing on the rearend just a big hunk of tranny.

Wyatt,
The reason I said no smaller is because after I had a few email me with problems, I tried a 2.5" and 2" and shreaded the belt within 20 feet.
With my 3" belt, I've made the rounds all over town now with about 14 hours throw time with no problems.

hello, I am new here. Not new to message boards in general but new here.

Does anyone know of a good cheap adapter that will adapt a sleeve hitch attachment, to a Cat. 1, 3 point hitch?

I have some sleeve hitch attachments that I used to use on an old Garden tractor but now I have a tractor with a cat. 1, 3 point hitch. Any Ideas

(Message edited by dstultz on January 24, 2005)

(Message edited by dstultz on January 24, 2005)

Dennis S.....Some of our forum sponsors carry this Cat 0 to sleeve hitch adapter. Click on the colorful boxes at the top of the page. Brinly still makes this part yet.

Tom R.....A "reproduction" CAT 0 sleeve hitch to fit the Cub Cadet Garden tractors is made now. Its a bolt on unit, includes all of the bolts too. Click on the C&G box above for one.

(Message edited by kupdike on January 24, 2005)

My mother has a Cub Cadet 109 and she needs to add some transmission oil. We can't find the manual so we know where to add the oil. Can someone help with this by telling me where to find the fill-plug (please don't laugh,it's either ask the question or pay the repair people to come back out and do it)? A picture would be great. From reading the FAQ, it appears that we need to use Hy-Tran. Is that right? Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back