• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 21, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don T - what do you mean you're done for the day. Your message post time is 2:46pm. It's middle of the afternoon. That fuel bowl should be done in the sonic cleanerer - and I sure thought you'd post a pic of the carb too.

Question. The starter/generators on my 126 and 127 are Delco units and have identical end caps. The end caps on my 147 s/g are quite a bit different looking and just curious if the used the identical units on all three. I suspect the odd one on the 147 has been replaced at some point? I know the 147 was late in the game on the series 5 units but not that late. Also, my original owners manuals cover the 126 and 127 so no help there. Thanks

Terry D, if you go to CC parts lookup above, it will indicate that the same motor generator (starter) is used in your CCs.

Worked the ol cub hard this weekend and have the pics to prove it!

Still havent adjusted my hydro tractor and its got the turfs n chains so figure this would be a good workout for the 1000 with the new creeper and MWSC clutch. Got to use the 30cuft cart I built too. Was up at the 'camp' from midday saturday, spent the night and started in right at dawn the next day. Cutting firewood way back in the valley. Got a full truck and trailer load and got a little head start on the next load. I was one sore dude!

252593.jpg

I think I posted pics of the trailer before, but here it is with a good load on. While on the flats the cub could easily pull my 6x10 road trailer heaped with wood, out in the woods and climbing the huge hill to get back to the truck this is about the max. And to be honest there were a couple scary moments on the hill!

Another couple poses for the camera:
252594.jpg

252595.jpg

And I messed around with the camera and took a panoramic... this one is 4 images stitched together:
252596.jpg

And an HDR shot of the cub at the end of the day watching the sun set:
252597.jpg

This one I think deserves a bigger version than what I can post here. Click: http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac235/kc2ebm/cub_cadet/IMG_4632hdr-1024.jpg

Thanks Paul - looks like they are the same indeed. Gonna have to go see the generator dude! Also, po took the top off the electric lift (just to have a look!) and now the electric part with the magnets is loose from the top. I'm assuming it gets pressure fit in the top (?) and put back together. Found two springs in a bag and guessing those go behind the magnets (?). Any thoughts before something gets destroyed?

Terry Davis

I don`t know the date the the starter gens were change from a sleeve bearing in the end to a roller bearing. I did have problems with the sleeve bearing and had to make one from oil brass to get it to last.

Harry B

I did get the carb put on after it had a bath and installed a new Carb kit. As I post this it is 9.27 pm so there is a difference in time between us. looks like I need to adjust the valves , they make a lot of tapping noise and must be out of adjustment .

Off to the Hospital a 2 hr drive in the AM ,My daughter has surgery booked at 7.45 am. So up at 4.30 am for me.
old.gif

Harry ;just look left next to the sonic cleaner in my post at 12;53 pm today and you will see a clean carb that went into the bath last week. They come out like new. Even most all the paint will peel off with a tooth brush if you have a need to do that. Water and sunlight soap does the trick lol.

Donald - the "odd one" off the 147 appears to be a roller bearing vs bushing for the others. Will tear it apart tomorrow and have a look. Really old generator guy here in Indy and has tons of old Delco stuff (there were made just a few miles from here so shouldn't have too much problem getting it right. Problem is he's still sharp and knows the value of a $! Thanks

To those of you who have a 73, what is the correct background color directly behind the "Cub Cadet" script logo on your dash decal? Is it blue or black?

Tristian,, great photo lay out with the cub sitting proud.....

Good thing I am not posting a pic.

Latest posts

Back