• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Don - if your's isn't already drilled are you sure that it can be ? It may be like my 122 engine that doesn't have any "meat" there to drill into. As for who has them ... I've never seen any on a single but they may be the same as the bolt on exhaust flange on the old twin Kohlers ... and I'm not walking up beside the shop and uncovering the one on my HA Payloader to look ... because I'm not walking today , I'm limping and screaming dragging my right leg SO take what ya can and run with it.
biggrin.gif

but I'd make my own IF it were me doing it

Ken i`d send you a picture of my leg and you would
yikes.gif
but i manage, so do you, stop whinning lol..thanks i will have to post a pic of the exaust tomorrow.

I'm looking for some info. on how to install a creeper gear. Since the site across the street is down, can someone post up a link to this info? Thanks.

pinched nerve and tensed muscle since my feet hit the floor this morning ... chilling also and can't get warm !!!! I need to visit Graeme !

Why would I want a pic of your ENGINE ????? I've seen enough oily ones today.

Am I going to have to make you one ?

You need to protect your eyes also when painting.

Jim - I can't find anything on it from the disc I have from Kraig nor do I ever remember ever seeing any info posted but you will have to remove the reduction on the front of the rear end and put the creeper on in it's place and shorten the driveshaft , should be a score line on it if it's the original shaft. Other than that
dunno.gif

Safety first Ken, well now 2 would be much beter now you know you feel beter when you got something to do you like hehe 2
dunno.gif

Jim T.-

Assuming you're talking about your 126, you'll need to split the tractor for easy access. Remove the clutch assembly, cut the driveshaft at the score line, clean the upper part of the transaxle where the creeper mounts, install the input shaft gear, put the creeper on, and put it all back together and make sure it shifts and works right before you connect the driveshaft back up. Don't you have a service manual?

DON T. - I made My own header flange for the straight pipe on My K321. Small scrap of 1/4" plate. My block was drilled & tapped 5/16"-18. And I just bought a 1-1/2" "J bend" from Summit. I have LOTS of trees so can't run an up-right stack/muffler so I ran it under the hood where the mufflers go.

It's about time second shift showed up , now I can go in the house
bubbly.gif

Jim T.
I guess there was something wrong with the link to download the manual that I sent you on the 8th of this month, so I guess you'll just have to wait for site to come back up.

thanks P i fogot i had that link i thought i was day dreaming... Nit Ken later and thanks guys

Charlie,

The link you sent me was for the installation of a rear PTO. It did work. Thanks. My PTO arrived today I think. Creeper gear is on the way. I can probably figure the creeper gear out from the replies I've gotten. Thanks for the replies guys.

Jim, what model Cub Cadet are you looking to install the creeper into? I have a manual for the 70/100 which should be pretty much the same as for any narrow frame. I believe the service manual for the 86 through the 1650 also covers installation, or at least gives enough info to be able to figure it out for a wide frame.

Also, am I correct in assuming that you have to remove the front half of the power take off assembly before removing the starterator pulley (on a 149)?
Darryl

PSA
All, We/I don't know what's wrong "across the street" and they say. When and if anyone from there wishes to let someone know, I'm sure it will be posted somewhere!
Until that time, lets stay on topic on this page, please and thank you.
thumbsup_old.gif
}

75879.jpg

I am movin slower than a snail, but progress is being made. Before anyone is scratchin their heads and asking "Why did he install the grill housing before the engine?" It seems like the more the 128 "looks" like a cub the more motivated I am!
75880.jpg

I am probably not the first on this, but I am using stainless bolts in some areas to avoid repainting after installation.

Latest posts

Back