• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry B.
Just keep it up buddy and I'll have my wife take care of you!
biggrin.gif

clappy.gif
drool.gif

Jerry - Any topic is open , he can't read anyway he just bought the forum to look at the pictures.

The "across the street" should be up by Tuesday night at the latest.

Charlie, will that appease some ?

Really tried to work in the Cub shack today but I believe it was 10deg colder inside...now if I could sneek one in the house.....

Kraig,

The creeper will be going on a 126. I do have the service manual for this tractor. Honestly, I did not think to look in the service manual for the installation instructions. I guess I look at the creeper as an accessory, and figured it had it's own installation instructions. I'll check the manual. Thanks again for the replies guys.

Charlie, go easy. I'm almost as old as Ken. She might just break my hip or somthing.

Does anybody have a pic of a factory rear weight box for a wideframe?

Dennis, How do you assign the torque value? If you use the value from the engine do you also use the rpm from the engine? or do you use the rpm at the pto? does reducing the rpm at the diff. increase the torque value at the pto? or does it decrease it?

Kentuck - expectin chilly 14C=57F overnite, 20C=68F termorrer. So the climate & the country is great, just the gov'ment stinks & there aint many cubs.

This is the son in law who found the 102, chucked it in his 12 tonner with his Bob Cat, managed not to mangle it with his excavators, couldn'y believe I got it going, now looking for earthmoving contracts for it.
75895.jpg

75896.jpg

75897.jpg

Ho hum more fun in the SUN. An old trailer we built about 30 or so years ago to drag the 11ft boat to the lake in the camping area on Christmas Hols when our kids were littler. Dragged it out a couple of weeks ago, pumped up the tyres, they held, so removed the boat blocks, bolted a piece of old plywood on, bought 3 cheap kids chairs & bolted them on. Our youngest son & his wife had nearly as much fun as their 3 boys. Now to spend some of the next few months improving it for next Christmas.
75904.jpg

75905.jpg

75906.jpg

Hey Jerry.The A/C delco number for the 6.5 spark plug(glow plug) is 9G.(hope this helps hauling the cubs)-Keith.

Well it started to snow nice BIG wet flakes then to turned to rain
angry.gif
swear.gif

Henri - When you reduce RPM through gearing it increases torque.

Graeme - You need to move to the Outback so you've got room to play with that Cub ! You might want to think about putting a board on the trailer frame in front of the seats to keep the kids from dangling their feet down to the ground while riding. It's not as bad in that nice yard you've got but if they got their foot hung between the ground and trailer ...

HENRI - The torque will increase at the PTO by whatever the reduction ratio is, In the case of a CC gear drive the reduction ratio is 7:1 so say Your engine makes 20#/ft of torque @ 3600 rpm the PTO will make close to 140#/ft of torque @ 515 rpm, remember there will be a small bit of power loss due to friction etc.
To start Your calculations I'd start with the engine and work back thru the gear train. It's all multiplication & division of fractions from that point. Engine RPM and torque. There's HP & torque curve charts someplace on the internet for these old Kohler K-series engines. I've seen them here before.

Well, ANY day that starts with an hour's worth of seat time on a great old FARMALL tractor You know is going to go downhill eventually....had 5-6 inches of fluffy snow to move this AM.

Moved 3 inches of snow this morning here at the hospital!! Gus (1650) and I have become a pretty good team wishing maybe I had a 54 inch blade for these bigger sidewalks. Second thought "Naw I don't" would lose seat time.
bouncy.gif
LOL

Pops

KeithW.... Ken was messing with ya. I have a 5.3 gas motorin an 01. I would have to drill more holes in the heads for glow plugs

Ben Corn---- Send the snow. We got ICE again. Kids are out of school again, nuts.

Latest posts

Back