• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy Charlie, that doctor had fun with you... What is the expected recovery time?

Earl F:

First, welcome to the forum...
50210.jpg

The steering column goes in the tractor from the bottom of the frame - up. Depending on the model, you may have to jack or raise the front of the Cub a little bit to get it to slide up. But that should be it.
thumbsup.gif
You don't have to turn her on it's side..
wink.gif

A K241 Kohler will fit into a 72 chassis. BUT....!!!! The Cub Cadet version of a Kohler has their specifications to fit and run their equipment. Unless this Case version mirrors the Cub Cadet version, you might be in for a major headache.
confused.gif
sad.gif

Ed S:

I also welcome you to the forum...
50214.jpg

On the 1450, you have a Solid State Voltage Regulator. In order for this regulator to function correctly, it <u>has to have</u> a good ground. Attached is a drawing to check this out. The 14.7VDC is a MAXIMUM voltage measured to a good chassis and/or battery ground.

50215.jpg

OK. Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure if they would interchange or not. I highly doubt the engines are close cause for one the case has 4 tapped holes in the block on the side where the crank sticks out,2 the pto's mounted on the flywheel, so that would have to be changed at least. Wow, my head just cleared and a whole bunch of reasons NOT to put that engine in flooded my mind!
As for the sideways install, I can't be sure where I heard that. Just popped in my head when I picked er up. When I figure out my camera I might post a "before" pick, till I cleaned it up the hood was green from moss, tree drippins and who knows what else, (squirrel diarreah?) Hope I'm postin correct.
Earl

Earl F:

Yeah....you are doing OK. Just get that Cub fixed up & you'll be happy. Get stuck on a question...?? just drop by and ask.

thumbsup_old.gif

Ya know what? I've used 70's Ford truck parts on my tractors, coil, voltage regulator, comes to mind. I was in a local parade and right before the coil went out on a certain un-Cub Cadet tractor I have with a k-241 and it worked fine. When it came time to go to school Monday I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't start, popped the hood and
bash.gif
the coil's still on my tractor!

Too many posts, I'll slow down, I get carried away alot and just keep going and going... I'm glad I'm doing well, tried to do something similar this site with Ford for a topic and BOY, never went back there. Lately I've been getting tired of the ol Case, no spark, hydraulic issues... And am Going to find more cubs to take up the space, got my eye on a 124/5 with solid cab sitting behind a house with dump cart, deck, blower, plow. Gotta a dumpster next to the house, maybe it'll start up and follow me to a nicer neighborhood? I've had loads of fun working on my buddies cubs, Orig, quiets, 125, 73, 1812, that I think I'm being converted and will offer him to work on his cubs and pay for all the parts and machining to be done.

Hi here is a picture of my tractor with two pedals one for clutch and one for brake have never seen one like it doe's anyone know anything about this setup. Thanks for the help Kweaver
50218.jpg

Earl,
When I installed a new steering column on my 100, I wound up flipping it on its rear in a verticle position exposing the whole underneath of the tractor. This makes it much easier to slide the unit in. Once you get it all of the way threw, bolt it on an your in good shape. Just watch out, you may want to round up another man to stand it up and let it back down. Once its back on all fours, put on the steering wheel an your home free. Good Luck
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Fun weekend!!!

3" of sticky snow in Central IL made for some good seat time on the 782 w/QA-42B....snow eatin' machine!!!!!

Kids wanted a piece of the action too, so the 582 came out of winter storage to act as the sled team.......

50220.jpg

50221.jpg

Little saucer sled makes "cracking the whip" a lot of fun on packed wet snow!!!!!!

Also did a little off season shopping this weekend....

50222.jpg

50223.jpg

2001 Salem Lite 28' bunk house travel trailer. Some cracked vinyl flooring and a very "off season" purchase made this a $.60 on the $1.00 purchase. Red Power will be much more enjoyable in this rig!!!!! (even if I can't haul a tractor)

I know this isn't a cub, but does anyone know much about these?
1960's Jacobsen Lawn Tractor with attachments
ebay #180074942837
It has hydraulics on it and the owner says it is a manual trans with 2 forward and 2 reverse gears.

Well, I got three inches of snow, and one pass down my driveway, and half way back up the hill my wonderful 149 takes a crap on me, and I can't start it, there is a bad terminal on the ignition switch, so, I'll have to work on it tomorrow.

I posted earlier about my 1450 hydraulics not wanting to work at high rpms earlier today. I went ahead used it to plow snow, once it got warm the hydraulics worked fine. Is this a valve problem or fluid problem? Any ideads?

Request for parts diagram for bearing for H-42

I have an H-42 on a 782 and I heard the roller chain rattling against the inner shield for the auger, and found that the outer bearing that holds the shaft from the universal to the drive gear had disintegrated. It was being held on only by the inner bearing race and let the shaft slip inwards, thus dis-aligning the drive gear and the auger gear (and doing a number on the roller chain.) Despite a long and explative colored search for the parts catalog, I cannot find it. Bummer. Does anyone with a good supply of books and time to scan or clip and post the exploded diagram for this area of the drive train be able to do so? I need to get the drive cleared to avoid static from my wife, and in order to get the right bearing, I'm sort of stuck. Help if you can share, and thank you. If no one has it, I understand and will take the whole gizmo to the nearest Cub parts place, about a thirty mile drive, but I want to call first to make sure they have it.

Damn, the second throwable snow of the season, and I'm down for the action. Oh well.

Larry N:

Here is an diagram of a Hydro and Valves for your Cub.

I would suggest to remove both Check Valves and inspect. These valves have to be Clean and the internal workings have to have "free travel". You can clean them with a variety of cleaning solvents. Blow them out real good. You can blow air into the end of each valve and observe if the internal plunger moves up & down. You can them dip them in HyTran before re-installing them. I would also suggest doing the same thing to the Relief valves. The check valves can be reversed, BUT the relief valves are dedicated. Once you have both type of valves cleaned up, I would suggest you changing the Hydro Filter. You should be ready to go at this point. This is assuming, you have no issues with a bad Spirol Pin as Richard C previously mentioned.

50226.jpg

GO BEARS!!!!!

CubCubCubCub

Parts explosion

Sorry I don't usually cause a stir. I am a casual reader and must admit that I wasn't aware of the online source. I've now bookmarked it and will no doubt find reason to use it in the future. But..

What an amazing thing! I am as calloused as anyone else in this electronic age as far as expecting to find stuff online, but all I was amazed at seeing all I needed was there, in zoomable form to get in close for these old eyes, all in one spot. THANKS for having the resource on line.

Steve B., make a tractor mount on the rear of that camper trailer like Jim Chabot did for his. I'll post some pictures of Jim's setup in the morning when I get to work. I'd post it now but those photos are on my work PC.

Kendell, I'll post that Cub Cadet/Futurama photo tomorrow too. That was brought up on here years ago (was it you that first posted it back in about 1999 or 2000???), I'll have to see if I can find in my archives who first posted it.

Back