• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stumped again
bash.gif

~Light snow...becoming intermittent toward midnight. Patchy freezing drizzle also possible late. Total snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Lows in the lower 20s. South winds around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Jerry:
I can remember seeing that set of pics from Mike Miller and wishing he'd shown the spindle chucked in the lathe (Custom faceplate ???)..

Couple of inches - tops. Oh well, at least it gave me a little something to mess with.

50179.jpg

50180.jpg

Charlie:
If those two puncture marks are how wide set that snake's fangs were, I'm proud of ya for takin' care of him. (Seriously, we're all going "ouch, ouch, ouch"). Maybe KentucK can look around his area and find some of that clear stuff in Mason jars they make down there (I heard it'll heal anything quicker...)

Hi, Been a lurker for some time now. And have just signed up. Seen the picture a few days ago on Richard's Gannon and quiteline. I remember seeing he designed and built the 3 point hitch. Would you have any more pictures of how it attaches to the frame? Rob.

Kendell, Jerry, and Shane,
Here are some pics that might help. I chucked the spindle by the middle of the shaft where it wasn't worn. I had to go through some contortions to get the spindle to clear the carriage of a 10" South Bend, including extending the cutting tool much farther than I liked, but I got a section of the shaft reduced to about 3/8" and then cut off the end with a hack saw. The new spindle shaft slipped on and was welded in place and ground smooth.
50185.jpg

50186.jpg

50187.jpg

Hope this helps.

Well I found the problem with that POS 149.
Seems that Champion plug decided that it had had enough. So I retired it towards the junk pile the best I could without lookin to much like a girlie girl flingin it with my left arm. LOL
Stuck in an Autolite and it fired right up.

Well, I used the QA-36 snow thrower (what a great machine) to clear out the neighborhood sidewalks. Man did that stuff get heavy fast. I had to run almost wide open to keep everything going out to the street. A couple of times my drive belt needed to be tightened but no problems otherwise. Beat the heck out of my Toro S200. Having the HYDRO and HYD LIFT sure made it fun to operate. Sometimes you have to go sloooo helps prolong cub time.

Hallo out thar! Just joined the site, been visitin for a long time, and compliments to all! I've read the faq's and hope I didn't over look it but I aquired a model 72 with the steering column removed, disassembled and missing parts. I now have a correct, complete, good working one,
To get to the point do I have to turn the tractor on it's side to install? I'd rather not but I'll do it if I have to no q's asked.
Thanks Earl

Sorry 1 more Q;
Will a k-241 from a case fit? the 7hp is in bad shape and I'd like to clean er up then put back in. The 10's in good runin shape and complete.

Look at that little JD down there, thats all the snow they can move befor they give up.
biggrin.gif

HOT COIL-- Have had to replace the coil on my 1450 three times in the last 4 months. First coil had been on the tractor for years. Second coil (brand new) came from a site sponsor. It only lasted 1 1/2 hours. Third coil I found on my work bench, probably came from one of my kids cars. Installed a resistor ahead of the coil this time. Coil gets so hot you can't touch it with your bare hand. Was pushing snow today, and it quit again. Removed the side panels and let it cool down. The coil on my other tractor (Case) never gets warm. Have no idea why this one gets so HOT. Any ideas??????

Ed- sounds like to much voltage but you say you added resistor (I've ran'em with straight 12v w/o geting hot , just burn points) or it might not be grounded good (the coil case it's self) or maybe wired backwards (ran'em like that to w/o geting hot). Vibration may be getting the best of it starting to short out inside. Is the case or top cracked, that would let the oil out.

Ed S., Check the voltage across the battery with it running. The voltage regulator could be overcharging and putting out way too much voltage. If it's much over 14 volts, the voltage regulator could be bad. Sometimes you'll notice a rotten egg smell from the battery when it gets too much voltage.
eww.gif

Don - I think we got him covered, if he can't find the problem now then he's been working it to hard and needs to take it out for a beer and cool off.

Back