• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the advantages/disadvantages to having floating lift straps on the sleeve hitch adapter instead of locked/static straps?
1a_scratchhead.gif

i tore my 1965 102 down today to see why its smoking, the guy was in his 80s that i bought it from, its bored out to .020 over on the cylinder, with a .010 over piston with std rings on it, at least the rod fits the crank,guess he patched it together to get rid of it

I finished installing the engine on my 129. (only one piece left over)It fired right up and sounds good. As suggested I did remove the balance gears and I wasn't sure if I would notice the difference. There is a difference. It is like sitting on an older Harley. It shakes pretty good. I did notice that the engine is mounted directly to the frame. I was wondering if I am missing some rubber bushings to absorb some of the vibration. Does anyone (or everyone)insert some rubber bushings and if so how thick and does it help.
Thanks for any comments.
Earl LaMott

Earl it is made to mount straight to frame no bushings. The motor that I removed them on I had never heard run, althouhgt when installed in the 129 it sound and felt better than the original motor on my 128. Yes I know apples to oranges so..... Im just saying

Marty G
I don't know of any disadvantages to having the floating lift straps. The advantage is taking stress off the hitch as the CC moves up or down.

I'm sure there is someone out there that can explain it better.

Can I still post? Yep, Howdy to all.

Marty G - The floating straps are good for plowing. At Travis' Plow Day last weekend in Iowa I found a good sized rock, a little bigger than a basketball, buried in the field. When the plow caught it, the floating straps allowed the plow to float up, pulling the rock to the surface. Then as the rock surfaced and rolled forward the plow released it and settled back into the ground. On the other hand, static straps, with holes instead of slots, will help hold down a rear blade, etc. I've got both types and change them out as appropriate for the job I'm doing. That's my story & I'm stickin' to it!
thumbsup_old.gif

Anyone got the downloaded service manual on a 128? I had it downloaded and computer crashed last week and i didn't get to get the manual off before reloading windows.

Jeez, Charlie, you really stopped 'er up this time..
uhoh.gif

Kendall Ide

Whats the weather like were you are??? lol.
its 60 deg here at 853 am ,Charlie is busy counting his money
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
banned1.gif
$$$$$$$
poof.gif

I'm a new member as of this Friday so this is new to me. I just acuired my wife's grandfathers 782. It's a beautiful machine. The motor runs like a top, better than all the other non-ihcc i've owned. The tractor also came with the Brinly implements.
My question is the hydro drive has very little adjustment. What i mean is the tractor is either moving at yop speed or not at all. Reverse works once in awhile. Another question is the hydro lift works right away the slowly goes away. The last question is with the implements I have figured the majority out for hooking up. Like the tiller, disc, plow and cultavator. It came with a front mounted snow/dirt blade and dont know how it hooks up. And the man I could ask is no longer with us, Grandpa Choo-choo.

Bryce Jensen
Go to the top of the page and read the (Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)) and then on to Charlies FAQ and find hydro adjustment. The hyd lift might just be low on fluid or the relief vale needs to be checked. Good luck and luck and let us know how you do. Don T
worthless.gif

Bryce Jensen

snow/dirt blade and dont know how it hooks up
The blade should be a quick attach . It will slide in the attach points under the front grill and the sub frame will slide on the rock shaft. Kraig has pictures and will post them i`am sure. Don

Erik T--

If this is the same engine that you said had gas in the oil-- explains all your finding during tear down.

A new record! 2 hours and 15 minutes on the phone with Don T.! Oh, My!
Had quite a
fence.gif
about what colour (that's Canuk for color) he should paint the Dog. Like this:
188638.jpg

or like this:
188639.jpg

1a_scratchhead.gif
beerchug.gif
smile.gif

I have a question, I bought a kill switch off ebay and I didnt get a wiring diagram with it. Do any of you have a diagram that I you can post.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back