• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt give enough in formation by the way, The engine is a k241AQS, 10 horsepower, cub cadet 1000. We have the kill switch mounted we just dont know how it hooks into the coil.

Thanks

Hey all. I need info/opinion, I lost a steel lock nut for one of the bolts that attaches the drive shaft to the rag joint on my 1200, is a nylock nut an ok replacement, or should I stick to a steel one? Thanks

Earl: Nylock's OK.
beerchug.gif

Thank you Frank! I just wasn't sure, and no one around here seems to carry steel lock nuts any more. Finally lit a fire and the 1200 will drive today, only took 6 months.....

FRANK - Was your discussion with Don about painting the 100 he's working on? If so, yellow & white. I've seen a couple red/white 70/100's and while red is my favorite coloUr I think it looks best on a tractor with other modifications like "mini flat-top fenders", scale replicas of IH farm tractor grills, etc.

That said, my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.....Maybe $0.02 US. in Internet currency.

The '63 Cub Cadet DAD bought brand new was repainted in '65 my the dealer He traded for the 70 at, painted red/white. It looked pretty sharp I thought. Still a lot of controversy by IH Ag dealers about if IH painted CC's the correct color. Took about another 15 yrs for IH to get that fixed to some dealer's satisfaction.

Ya know something about this forum? Besides the fact that it's a great place to come to, there's very little chance of giving a wrong answer to a question. It's so well watched that a wrong answer will be pretty quickly rectified.
I like Nylocks. I also like balance. Get 2 Nylocks.
beer2.gif

DENNIS: Look (read) again.
smile.gif

P.S. "The Dog" is Don's diesel, that I want to see painted red. I said awhile back that he should stay with the original colors, but now I feel like our President -- changed my mind -- again.
bash.gif

I was going to post a pic of my clutch compressor contraption, but I like every one on here and a nut flying into the neighbors yard has made me deem it too dangerous to use again. Now to wait for help to arrive with lifting the engine....
Double nylocks it is

There's a difference between affluent and flatulence, isn't there?
Still trying, Don.
asthanos.gif

Earl: If you set your feet just right you can take that engine out by yourself. It just weighs about 100 pounds. BTDT.
clown.gif

Does anyone know if I can convert the mechanical pto on my model 126 CC (with 12hp Kohler K301) to an electric PTO? And, is it worth doing...or just rebuild the mechanical. And it if can be done and is recommended...what manufacturer and part number should I be looking to buy. Thanks

Latest posts

Back