• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie- with a wing like that one has to wonder if ya came into turn 4 too hard while chasing down a cub!! That also explains the strange noises that I was hearing this morning coming from the east when I was out with the blade cleaning up, ya gotta admit there is nothing like watching white fluff roll off a blade with a hydro wide open!!!

Frank Y:

That is a Good One. How about a picture from underneath. Here is what normally is depicted...

50229.jpg

Boy Charlie, I have ticked off mama before but you pushed it more than I dare
biggrin.gif

Let me know when you are sick of that 149, I can move it doun to your south estate!!!!
Seriously, hope that arm heals over ok. JB

Well, the mighty 106 had some problems moving snow today. I had to adjust the clutch to get rid of excess free play. It lasted about 15 minutes and then slid back to where it was. Has anyone had any experience with this? What usually goes first, the threads in the nut or the threads on the rod? I am going to try to get a nut at work tomorrow and try that first.

So i have a crazy question.

I found a 102 with duals with ag tires and a hydrlic pump. Has a jerry rigged lift arm with a rusty pipe.

How much should i offer them for it? kuz idk what a cub like that is worth

Thanks for the suggestions and pictures on my spindle question. I don't have access to a lathe, but I'll ask around and see what I can find. That looks like excellent work Michael.

Wes - sorry I wasn't on here last night, I could have saved you a trip to work today BECAUSE there's enough nutz around here !

Anthony - We don't know the market value of a cub in cali nor would I personally wont to go there to find out. Been to your part of the world b4 and I'll stay home ;) But any cub in any location is ONLY worth what you are WILLING to pay for it. A friend of mine in Pontiac, MI paid $50 for a running 127 that he DROVE home and mowed his yard with. I bought a 127 here that I gave around $500 for without a deck or any options. Then I had to rob the deck off my 122 (which I brought home in boxes with a blown rod and gave $600 for it!)

Bottom line ... what's a cub worth to YOU.

I'm surprised that there's this much activity in the early am. Or I'm just crazy cause I've been up since 7am yesterday. I like the spindle extensions, My 72 had a wheelbarrow tire in place of one front as with most the hub was much too long so they just put a longer bolt in to make up for it. I got a somewhat narrow wheel on it that holds air, will find a matching set one day, Not a want ad, just my plans. Also I've seen some Original rear tires that have a very 'neat' pattern to them, Found them once at a site and can't find them again, they're turf-style, kinda squarish in the tread. Are they still made?

Ok maybe zig-zag, there's a 71 in the classifieds that has them on the rear.

Steve B., food for thought. Here are the photos of Jim Chabot's camper mount Cub Cadet hauler.

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

Back