• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 17, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydraulic question.

I have a hydraulic cylinder that will only operate in one direction after years of operating in both directions.

Heres what happened, was out pushing snow around after last snowfall and hit a inmovable object with the snowblade.
Now blade will only travel in one direction and will not return to center of full left (retracted postion).
Have switched the lines to different outlets to check if it was the control valve, still only moves to out postion.
tried different cylinder on outlets where bad cylinder was hooked up to, different cylinder works properly.

manualy return cylinder to full in postion and operate valve body to make cylinder return to full closed postion and the cylinder operated to full open postion.

Cylinder is welded, no apperent way to open it up for repairs.

Heres the question,

What could have happened to the cylinder to only operate in one direction. Outward motion, no return motion.

Lonnie-sounds like you may have bent the rod on the cylinder.

Hugh,

With the cylinder rod all the way out, there is no apperant bend in the rod outside of the cylinder that is noticeable to the naked eye.

No matter which way I tried to mave the cylinder move, in or out. It would only go out, no matter which way the control valve was postioned.

The control valve works like it should when hooked up to another cylinder, thus elimanateing the control valve as being bad.

HANDS ON TRAINING CLASS

Mr. Charles "Digger" Procter, you are one of the experts. I was hoping you and/or some of the other pros would consider such a class for some of us (though I can only speak for myself) who want to learn as much as possible about the IH Cub Cadets? Not any experts here I can turn to, and I really would like to learn what guys like you can teach. As I said, I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for the training and personal guidance. Hope others will chime in and there will be some interest on both sides of this?

Thanks,

John-David Reaves
Bynum, Alabama

Roll Tide: Think May, Connecticut, Colchester, Zagray Farms, QVEA, Dave Chester, Engine Mike. I could easily donate a K301 or K341 to the edjifacative factor - and leave it for auction/donation when we're done.
construction.gif

On the old vs new thread
The last snowfall I had my 35+ Cub Cadet throwing snow like a SOB, while the neighbors were diddlin' around with their Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards, etc., POS. That was great! OLD TRACTORS RULE!!

John R.
I think you have me confused with someone else! LOL

BUT, if you think you can handle the temps in my neck of the woods, bring it on.
It's only going down to 20 below tonight and the high might hit ZERO tomorrow.
I learned a LONG time ago that no matter how much you think you know, there's ALWAYS someone out there that knows way more than you do and has forgotten more than we will ever know to boot!

There's lots of guys down in your part of the country and on here that will help with anything you have problems with.

Anyone else pull logs with a cub?

An related but seperate topic I am always looking for ways to improve the cubs and since I love my 1000 I've wanted to put a bigger motor in it and have a junk 1450 sitting here.

Is there any reason that 12HP was the most any manual transmission tractor came with? Can they not hold up reliably to a 14 or 16 horse? Also there is that K341 AQS Bill is selling nearby. Would that pretty much be a drop in for the 1000 or would there be fabrication needed to adapt it to a clutch tractor? Are the electric PTO's the same between the two?

I figure between pulling my heavy 6x10 or dragging logs I need all the power I can get. I still need to upgrade or atleast recondition my clutch, she slips with a good load on the 6x10 once I get much over 2,000#.

Latest posts

Back