• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 21, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank:

You know I was actually "THINKING" since this 149 WORKS!!!

And I've been Working it during the Refurb, and Now that it's almost Done,,, Once the Kids Graduate College Here in the next Few Years that I would Then Have Time & Money to Do an Actual "RESTORATION"....

I've seen several 169's here and there on CL, living in the Midwest they Really don't seem that Hard to Come By!!!!

I'm Glad you Mentioned That,,,,
Now you've REALLY Got me Wheels Turning!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Jeff:

I "GUESS" the Big Deal is that it's $250.00

May not seem like that much if you are Considering an Actual RESTORATION Though,,,,

Guess it Just depends how Deep your Pockets are and If that is a Price you are Willing to Pay,,,,

I got Lucky on My worker,,, pretty much Everything was There,
And Actual OEM Equipment isn't Necessary for my Needs!

Thanks For the Link Though,,,

Now I'm Wondering if I Should go ahead a Just Purchase the Dang Thing and Hoard it until I Find a 169 to Work On!!!

LoL,,,,

Jason, considering up until a month ago they where NOT available except for a rare few. 250 sounds fair to me.

Jason W.
A few words on your copper fuel line.

GET RID OF IT!!!!

There's a reason for the rubber, other than to aggravate us when they fail, LOL

VIBRATION!

It will eventually break out the bottom of your gas tank.
bash.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 115
Does anyone know what size bolts hold on the hood ornament on a cc70?, thanks

Charlie:

I Actually thought about Vibration when deciding on Tubing, Had a few Pieces of 1/4" soft copper OD, and some 1/4" OD .045 wall Stainless Tubing on Hand, I "Assumed" the Soft Copper would have more of a Tendency to Absorb the Vibration than the "Hard Stainless" Tubing,,,

My Original thought was to go with the SS and some type of "Flex" Joint between the Tank and Carb,,, then as I so often do decided NOT to Overthink it, and went with the Cooper!

Hmmm, Go Figure!!!! LoL

Maybe just a Simple Stainless Braided Hose will Do the Trick,

Anyway thanks for the Advice!!!!

Jason W.-

I would clean all that grease out of the trunnion. All it is going to do is collect dirt and wear the trunnion slot out faster. It needs to be dry.

Back