• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 13, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Look around for an old IH 715 or that era combine,
There's 5 or 6 on each one that are O lights.,
293389.jpg

Farmall Cub lights are bigger and look goofy on an O.

Not that I've got an "O", but I'll have to remember that in the spring, when I get back home.. there's a fairly large farm equipment salvage yard just North of my me, I'll have to check it out.. Any other "Big Brother" parts come to mind, Charlie?

Gerry I
There's way to many to list, LOL

It's amazing to me what all is still available from CNH and John Deere that Cub Cadet/MTD has decided that were not worth their time to carry any longer.

Good example!
Steering column seal kit
293398.jpg

12 volt International Cub/Cub Lo-Boy headlights are the same as used on Cub Cadet originals.

Harry B. I know that I can fab something up that will be better than the the U bolt, it just takes more time than walking into the hardware store and buying something. I've got couple ideas rattling around in my head right now. I'll post the finished product.

IH 403, 503 combines have lights that were the same as IH Cub Cadets as well.

Doug B - You won't find the flat back U-bolt in a hardware store. BUT you could find something similar in your Auto Parts store - I don't know if it will work, but there is a U-bolt used on older Ford 4x4 truck U-joints that might just fit nearly perfect - My son left one laying in my garage about 7 years ago, and I've been looking at it wondering what other use it may have.

Doug - just stole this pic off the net, showing the bracket with the correct flat back U-bolt. Thought this might help you make yours.
293404.jpg

That flat U bolt could be made easy with a vice and some heat . heat it and bend it and then the other side . It would take me 10 minutes to make one here .

Doug being an auto mechanic I bet he has he skills with a torch and vice to pull that mod off .

Doug-

On the last page ole Frank suggested 1/4". I think I'd go with 5/16" if you plan to make a "U" bolt. The small "U" bolt on a rockshaft clamp for a narrow frame spring assist is 5/16". I had to make one last year and I'm just saying, 1/4" would work but 5/16" would be better. I bought a larger U bolt then cut and welded it back. The flat part should be rather easy to peen out too.

Just my .02 worth...

Donnie, no not with out ALOT of fabricating and maybe not then. that is a narrow frame cub blade

Donnie,

ANY weights are a plus....wheel, frame or otherwise......weight and chains move snow.....

That blade is set up for earlier narrow frame Cubs. You will need a wide frame snow blade subframe and possibly the later model version with extended ears for the tall spindle "super steer" axles.

Too bad you and Doug didn't time this better, you could have swapped subframes!!!!

Picked up a "points saver" from Dave Kirk this week. Planning on using it on the 1650 in hopes of getting better cold weather starts.

Any of you guys ever install one on a QL??
If so, where did you mount it?

Thanks!

Don W. nope that looks like narrow frame with a QA. I believe you need this
293426.jpg

Latest posts

Back