Archive through January 08, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help!! Trying to start a new thread in the Off Topic area, and I can't get the pictures to work. Read #22 of the FAQ and I must not be understanding this, cause it don't work for me. I have four pics to do. Help!
Thanks, Kenny

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

A little r&d was needed to get the forks working the way you wanted. I wish I could stick weld worth an dam .I have a few ideas I would like to follow through on.

Kraig

Yep , I stated that for some else that might not know. My spelling is notorious!
lol.gif

Washer Fluid as weight for our Cubs rear tires.
does some know what you need to buy for fluid (washer) to fill a tire?
I bought eight four liter containers on Saturday and need to know while its on sale if I will need more for the 125.Thanks guys

greenthumb.gif

morning Denny !

Kenneth Peaney

If you use XP home for your operating system on your confusher its easy. Down load power toys for XP. once you do that you can right click on a picture and choose re size. the small will work. Or send them to me and I`ll post them for you.email
[email protected]
thumbsup_old.gif

Frank S.-

Number 27 in the picture you posted is what I am speaking of here. The small sleeve is what tightens up the fit in the frame for that side of the shaft. If you notice closely, the two holes supporting this shaft are of different size. The sleeve enables one to remove the shaft for service. I've seen these sleeves rusted onto the shaft pretty tight but will usually knock loose. You have to have the turnbuckle adjusting rod removed too. You may have to loosen the s/g belt to remove it. This pto lever shaft is the same for both 128 and 129. Having said that, there were two styles of this part offered depending on when the tractor was made. The early style just has the wear button; the later style was set up with part of the pto brake.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

If by "spread frame" you mean 82 series...Yes it will fit.

Technically, 82 series are wide frames...not sure how the spread frame term got started.....

GOOD MORNING DON! I just checked my tire books, a 23-8.50 X 12 should take five gallons plus/minus a half gallon for valve stem fill, or 75%.

And before someone asks, a 23-10.50 takes 6 gal +/- a half gallon. And a 6-12 about THREE gallon, maybe 3-1/2. My book is WAY too old to have the 26-12.00X12's.

FRANK - Don & Wayne told you the correct scoop on removing the PTO rockshaft on the frt of a 129, no need to remove the grill & hood, pull the bushing on the left side and the rockshaft slides right out. IH spent a L-O-T of time designing everything on the frt of the 1X8/9's so that it works that way...

Maybe I'm lazy, but in over forty yrs of wrenching on CC's I've NEVER removed a grill casting. But I might have to remove the 982's grill to repair the governor in that POS Onan this summer. And take the old casting off the 70 for replacement.

STEVE B. - Nice work on the forks!

Thanks. I'll go try again.
It worked. I was trying to use the \image. once I took that out, they showed up. YEAH!!!!!!!!

Dennis Frisk

Thanks for that info ! I think I will go to town this am and buy eight more containers. If I have any left over I can use it in the car or truck.
Thanks again.
thumbsup_old.gif

I think I got 8 gal+ in the last 26" tires I did...

Latest posts

Back