Archive through January 08, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
Joe L.-

It looks like you got bit by "the Bug". You'll have to post your pic again here on the new page.

Michael what do you meen about springs and the lift arm?
The lift arm should not need springs also if the lift arm came off a snow thrower it will be the wrong length.

Art i bought the engine from Rich Patton. Totally rebuilt it. Then had overheating problems and finally got it running good for a mowing tractor.

Michael here is a photo of my 128, The lift arm attaches to the blade and tractor at the red circles and is a solid bar below the blue line with no springs.
219252.jpg

Here is the picture that for some reason did not show on my last post. I have cut out sections and inserted them with cutouts from another deck. I was also asking about checking the generator starter and regulator off the tractor. I was working on this on last fall ready to sandblast and prime now.

219255.jpg

I am replacing the old lift style assembly for the hydro lift lever on my 149 with the newer one like on the quiet lines. How do you remove the keeper with damaging it.

219258.jpg

Jeff,
That shot looks like mine! Sorry to confuse things, the springs are not on the lift bar. They are on the bar in front that locks the plow in. Sorry I'm not up on the part times, yet. It was from an earlier post.

Haven't posted here before, but am an avid reader of all the banter.
My question to all you knowledgeable(yeah, BIG word) people out there is I am looking for a part number for a carb kit off a K341AQS that is a Walbro adjustable jet.Kohler #s 45 063 79, WHG 62 2155. (The 063 above may be 053, didn't have my magnifing glass handy). I tried Kohler and got a part # 4585308, that comes up as a replacement carb. HELP!!!!

Michael S.-

Prying it out with a flat screwdriver usually works pretty good. That piece isn't as easy to damage as you think.

Michael the left side (longer tabs) of the locking clip (keeper ) are split. Like Matt said , you can raise one tab with a thin tool (screwdriver, jack knife, etc.) over Pin, then the other tab, & slid the locking clip (keeper) to the right to disengage that side of the LC.
thumbsup_old.gif
Use wd.40 or PB Blaster to help soften things up...

Michael R., regarding your snow blade, make sure that the cam stop on the right side of the chassis is not set to limit the down travel of the lift.

219265.jpg

219266.jpg

Anyone have some advice for tightening up the whole steering system on an old 782?

I thought the problem was the 3/4" bolt that attaches the axle to the frame, so I removed the entire axle. But the wear I found at the bolt doesn't account for all the play in the steering I observed when operating the tractor. There seems to be a lot of play at the king pins / steering knuckles. The gearbox on the steering column also has at least 1/4" linear play in it.

The local Cub Cadet dealer can only supply the entire steering column ($400.00), not the individual replacement parts required for a rebuild. Does anyone know if the necessary parts can be sourced elsewhere?

Finally, I'm assuming I can procure the parts required to service the front end from the dealer, can anyone confirm their availability?

I know I won't be satisfied with the tractor until I get the steering right.

--Matt G. I put the Sears spacers (0.4705") under the motor today, they are very close to the size of original 3/8" pipe spacers (0.469")and I think they will hold up better. Thanks for asking about them in your post of 1/4/11.

Jeremiah, the forum sponsors, (colored boxes at the top of the page), (coloured boxes for Don T.), have the parts to rebuild the steering gear box. Also check the FAQ and Charlies CubFAQ there are several entries in there on steering fixes/upgrades.

anyone know how to remove the rockshaft assembly, PTO clutch, on a 129?
part # 12 in the parts manual.
IH544137-R91.
it runs horizontal, between the left and right side of the frame. the bar the wear button attaches to, attaches to this bar.
I removed both cotter pins, can slide either end out of the frame, but there is not enough clearance to pull the bar out. in other words, i can only slide left and right, freeing one end at a time.

Jeremiah
My steering was very sloppy, I removed the entire unit cleaned it and reground the pin that rides in the main groove, all is good now. Most don't need a whole lot of parts if any. The "pin" will become very worn, if you try to adjust it without reshaping might grab and make things ugly. If you remove the pin and regrind to a smooth curve it will ride much better. Years ago I made one from a grade 5 bolt and it is still working today,

I just finished up my new loader pallet fork.

219268.jpg

219269.jpg

More pics in the "Custom / Better than new" section....

thumbsup_old.gif

MELODY,
Seems to me that there is several knowledgeable
folks here.I believe about any question asked or problem found someone is out there willing to answer or help you through the problem.Or throw in their .02.LOL

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Both spellings are correct.

well are big snow storm turned out a bust, When the temps got up to 5 today everything melted. There was at one point some snow that I was tempted to take the 149 out and push the snow around with the blade. I did spend a few hrs on my 125 and will remove the rear end housing Monday.I thought with putting in a rebuilt 12 K I might take this tractor apart and give everything a little freshen up.This 125 and my Original will give me something to do this winter.Later in the week we are promised 15 cm ,I`ll believe that when I see it in the drive way.
thumbsup_old.gif

I was at Canadian tire today because they had winter windshield washer fluid on SALE (4 ,4 liter containers for $6.99) I hope I bought enuf to add some to the 125 tires, What is the amount for 8.5`s on the 125. I do have 6 sets of IH weights and a 75 lb and 50 lb set of the plastic type weights. That just don`t work with seven tractors. The 129 loader has more than its share of weight on it and I want to move away from chloride because of the damage it has done to my 100 wheels. I have 100 lbs on my Diesel per wheel !

Latest posts

Back