• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim L:

Is this what ya looking for..??

49328.jpg

Jim,
I went to Napa and picked up some standard 1.5" muffler pipe. I painted it with silver muffler paint.

The pipe i made was a bed rail proto type that did not make the grade .Its stainless steel pipe hope it wont blue,guess we will find out if it snows . Thats what i wanted to look at the regator thanks for the help.

Jim: Yes, you can adjust the voltage, either by turning a screw, or bending a tab...

First I would unhook the battery, and remove the regulator from the tractor. Use the manual and clean the contact points, and reset the gaps per spec. with feeler guages. Also, clean all the terminals. Then spray it down good with contact cleaner. Leave the cover off of the VR and determine how you need to adjust the voltage on your regulator (screw or tab)Reinstall the VR on the tractor and make sure the mounting brackets have a good ground (clean/not rusty mounting location), and the battery cables. Get a volt meter capable of measuring DC voltage. Start the tractor, and read the voltage across the + and - terminals of the battery. I adjust the VR as needed to get anywhere from 13.6 to 14.2 volts DC.

I have done this with 5 different VRs, and have only had 1 that still didn't charge properly.

Jim, I had that same thing happen to me, meter pegged at full charge. What I found out was the small ground wire on the regulator had a bad connction. It is a braided wire, and if I remember correctlly it was at a crimped joint.

well i started to restore my cub 100 and decided to put a narrow front under it.turned out well,can't wait to get it on the ground again.updating you on the progress of the restore.vern.
49331.jpg

Vern B.
I can tellya right now that Kraig is going to want more pics and details, so you better get that camera working overtime.
biggrin.gif

As well as Vern im showin todays progress = ]

49344.jpg

boy i cant waith to do the rest of the cub!

49345.jpg

49346.jpg

49347.jpg

49348.jpg

49349.jpg

This is the best part = D

49350.jpg

49351.jpg

I was a little iffy about posting the gas tank pic. I know its not original and i dont care for people snatching up my ideas but hey its going to happen.

David Clinansmith – Jan 04, 7.02pm (Rusty, torched 127) You guys over there are SOOO spoiled. That is recoverable. I just wish I could land even that in my backyard. I have only ever set eyes on 1 CC in the flesh, my 102. I guess we here in Oz, being a bit removed (& upside down) have developed a bit of ‘get it done somehow’. & Ted ILL 8.36pm, sure it looks like the Gen is running backwards. But it is the CC that runs the motor backwards. Other auto stuff runs motors clockwise, so that guy has evidently done a think job of using a conventional auto generator, & separate starter, just he has executed (wrong word !!) real rough.
Michael Miller Jan 06, 3.45 You trying to make me very envious of such a pick up? That’s easy.
Digger, slightly off topic, I don’t have any IH clocks (yet), but I do have an English ‘Smiths’ out of a 1928 Armstrong Siddeley, & I have the ‘Sphinx’ radiator mascot. The clock still works (you might try to hear it ticking), & so too might the car soon (I gave it to a fellow about 20Km away a couple of years ago, to complete the restoration I had started. I got it from my cousin, who got it from his Aunt, who got it in 1929 from the Mayor of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
49359.jpg

Wild Bill,
You use the manual to clean the contact points? Wouldn't an abrasive cloth or points file do a better job?
lol.gif

Graeme T,
How's the beach buggy coming along?

Vern, Any chance we could see some close-up pictures of the narrow front on the 100?

TERRY,HERE IS ONE PICTURE I TOOK I CAN TELL YOU THIS IDEA WE HAD ON THE TABLE FOR TWO WEEKS ON CONSTRUCTING THIS AND CAME OUT GREAT!USED 3/8"WALL TUBING INSIDE DIAMETER WAS 1-9/16".THE SHAFT SIZE IS 1-1/2"DRILLED AND TAPPED TWO HOLES FOR GREASE ZERKS.CUT THE SPINDLES OF THE ORIGINAL FRONT WELDED THEM ON BELOW THE SHAFT AND HAD TO NOTCH THE TUBE TO ACCEPT THE TIE ROD TO MAKE IT STEER AS I HAD TO WELD THAT TO THE SHAFT.WELDED THE TUBE TO THE UNDERNEATH OF THE CHASSIS.AND WELDED A 1-1/2"WASHER ON TOP OF THE SHAFT SO IF YOU PICKED THE FRONT OF THE TRACTOR UP IT WOULD NOT FALL OUT,MIND YOU THESE TRACTORS ARE HEAVY ONCE TOGETHER SO YOU REALLY HAVE NO NEED TO PICK IT UP!!!HOPE THIS HELPS .IF YOU NEED MORE PICS LET ME KNOW.VERN
49362.jpg

Hank, thanks, the March 2006 snow removal pictures are on the way!

Eddie B., thanks for the kind words, I'm honored to have one of my photos as your PC background.
happy.gif
(Just curious, which one did you use.)

Charlie, looks like you got about the same amount of snow as I did!
angry.gif

Vern, nice job so far, and Charlie's right, I'm going to <strike>want</strike> need more photos!
happy.gif

Anthony, nice progress!

Did you guys know that cub made a power coat spray can paint?? It works great! Really leaves a power coat finish. just some food for thought.
49366.jpg

NateP: I haven't tried the powder coat version but Restorers Beware: late model Cub Cadet Beige, that I have tried/used, does <u>not</u> match IH 901, IH 902 or IH 935.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Anthony, just curious, is that paint on your jeans from sanding/grinding that paint old off? Did you wear a dust mask or better yet a half face respirator? If not you should have. Do yourself favor and invest in a good half face respirator to wear when you sand/grind and paint. Or at least wear a dust mask.

Kraig, the bottom one is the one I used, although both are great pics, especially when they cover the entire screen.
49374.jpg

49375.jpg

OK Guys, here's the first pics of my Saturday find. These were shot at the POs place....I'll get some better shots when it stops raining.
49377.jpg

49378.jpg

That CCO in the front not only has fenders and wheel weights, but also sports duel rear brakes and a parking brake lever!

Eddie, ah! Those are from 2001, at the risk of sounding full of myself I must agree that they are great photos, my wife did a good job.
happy.gif
Here's a higher resolution version for you.

49381.jpg

Michael, nice! Headlights are still in the 147 (they were standard equipment on the 147), and WOW fenders and <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> wheel weights on one of the Originals! Very, very nice find! Hmmm, where's the lift handle on the "white" Original??????

Kraig,
Thanks! Sometimes we get lucky! The lift handle was removed...I guess it got in the way of the parking brake ass'y! I haven't had a chance to look under that tractor yet but some PO did some work to get the duel brake setup installed. It's got left hand axle housings on both sides, each with the brake ass'y intact, and a brake pedal on each side that acts independently from the other. I think the parking brake lever works on the left brake only. Interesting modification....I'm thinking this tractor was set up just for towing stuff.

Latest posts

Back