• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael, I'm looking forward to more photos of that one!
happy.gif

Vern, thanks for the posting the narrow front picture. I've pondering the same for some time. Please take as many picture from different angles as you can.
Terry,

This is partly a question of opinion, but mostly of quality. I am wondering how the 682/782 tractors compare in quality to the older 149 that I have. I am to a point where I'd like to buy another tractor, but have been kicking around the idea of a quietline or an 82 series. I want something that will be comperable in quality and durability as it will be a worker and used year round. I have never seen either one of these models and they are almost impossible to find out here in the northwest. Can any of you who have had the pleasure of owning/driving these offer any suggestions? Thanks for your advice.

SHANE - 682/782 are basically the same tractor as Your 149 except for the diecast rear axle carriers which are plenty strong. The early models, prior to MTD/CCC serial numbers still had the cast iron rearends and the same components. Plus they had smooth running twin-cylinder engines, Kohler, B&S, ONAN depending on model. I'd take a 682/782/982 before a Q/L.... but then I really like red tractors.
ihrotate.gif

Shane-

I own both a 1450 and an 1811, which is nearly identical to a 782 except it is newer and has a slightly different engine.

Both QL's and 82's are quality machines. My 1450 is smoother than my 128 at full throttle because of the iso-mounts, but the 782's twin cylinder engine is smoother yet. 82 series tractors generally have more power because of the larger engines. However the KT-17 series I engines in 682's and 782's have a tendency to blow up if not taken care of. A QL will in most cases be more fuel efficient than a 782 or similar; my 1450 burns far less gas mowing the lawn than my 1811.

I like both tractors, but if I had to pick I'd look for an 82 series. The smoothness of the engine is unbeatable. As far as quality goes, the 782's use a rebuildable hydraulic cylinder in the lift, whereas the QL/1x9 cylinders are not. I have not discovered any other real differences in quality yet.

Hey guys, im new on this site and was wondering where i could get a seal for my creeper gear and the gasket to install it on the transaxle.

Scott D:

First, welcome to the forum.
49403.jpg

You can get parts at your local Cub Cadet Dealer or go to the top of this page, and click on one of these Sponsor's boxes..

49404.jpg

Scott,

The place to find stuff like that is the sponsers. The boxes up above. If you give madsons a call they can help you out. But rember. there open from 8 to 5. So depending what time zone you are they maynot be open. They are all links so you click on it and their info is on the page. + i think MTD? Or the current maker of cub cadet still makes reproduction parts. Or find your local cub dealer

hope that helps!

Welcom to the site!

Bruce:
lol.gif

I did kind of make it sound like I used the manual itself to clean the contact points...
roflol.gif

Back