Archive through January 05, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NORM P - Since it sounds like all your damage to Your K301 is on the block & crankshaft You could use a K301 from another make of tractor by reusing your oil pan. CC did have a kinda "Special" crankshaft but they're available used also for rather cheap. Also a K321 is a straight drop-in swap. FWIW the K341 is also but They're BIG MONEY with the Pullers.

Dennis....Aren't the Cub blocks different than the blocks used in Deere, Wheel Horse and others ? Or will the Cub oil pan fit the others ? I do know one style block has reliefs or something machined into it.

Don T, thanks for the words of encouragement. Did you build the bucket and how do you power the hydraulics?
Norm P

Steve Shaff,
The 70/100 steering wheel information can be found in the parts manuals. A TC-103 Parts Catalog (70 and 100 only) dated 2-63 list only the acorn nut wheel for the 70 and 100. A later revision of the same parts manual, TC-103 Revision 3, dated 11-64, and specificaly a page change to that revision, dated 5-65, list the acorn nut wheel for the 70, and the wheel with a cap for the 100. The same two wheels are also listed in the later TC-113 parts manual which covers several different models (Original and all narrow frame model Cub Cadets). The version I have is revision 26 issued 6-91. That, and some experience with the early Cub Cadets (Originals and 70/100's) helps also.........and Kirk has this thing about 70/100's
lol.gif

Hello, I'm new to this discussion forum. I hope this is the right place to ask. I collected a 1966 122 and another standard shift rear from a 1975 unknown model #. Would the ratio of each gear 1,2,3,R be the same? What problems would I run into if I changed the rotation of the input shaft so one of the rear axles spun backwards?
Thanks, Dean

Norm, Brendan, Dennis,

Other block will fit, but the base can be different... a non-cub base block can be modified to fit, as i have one in my 149.. You may have to tap holes, and put in a shim to seal the pan in the one i did...
183672.jpg

183673.jpg

183674.jpg

The crankshaft diameter may be different, too, as the one above i had to hone 0.062" off the radius so the pullies will fit...

Good morning, I'm fairly new here, and just purchased a 149, to be picked up on Saturday the 9th. Can anyone tell me what the size of the rear tires should be? I can't find a manual without having the serial number, and won't have that until Saturday. ANY help is appreciated!

Roger, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif

The 149 should have come equipped with 23x10.5-12 rear tires.

Click HERE for an electronic version of the Operator's Manual. To purchase a printed copy, click on the Binder Books link at the top of the page.

Wow, Kraig, that was quick! I was hoping for a reply in a day or so. Thanks for the links, I'm gonna love this site! Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back