• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a question that I hope someone can answer,or point me in the right direction on. How fast does the auger rotate on a QA42 snow thrower? Any help will be appreciated.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Todd:
Roughly 50 feet of extension cord per second
clappy.gif

Ken, that's the best I've ever seen it expressed!
clappy.gif
clappy.gif

Todd do you mean rpms or mph and at what throttle speed? I dont think anyone can compute it, there are way to many variences: engine size, belt slipage, engine throttle , govenor, ect. Now kendalls can wrap up 180,000 feet of cord per hour if my calculations are correct
clappy.gif

My best "guess" is about 900-1000 rpm, figuring 3600 rpm @ the engine, ~1:1 at the belt, 2:1 at the gear box, and ~2:1 at the chain......all rough estimates, but not likely too far off.

Revised (I counted the teeth in a pic of a opened gear box and got 15x30, turning output into 1/2 input)...belt is close to 1:1 and the sprockets are somewhere between 2:1 and 3:2.....

Jeff-

Too hard to compute? Come on, we've put people in space and on the moon, we can do this...

Rotational speed is expressed in RPM (or radians/second if you prefer). The belts not slipping, and all of the other things you mention have nothing to do with the problem, provided you've got a tach on the engine, or better yet, just assume the engine is operating at 3600 rpm. All you need to know are the pulley sizes, gear ratio in the gearbox, and the tooth count on the sprockets.
happy.gif

If somebody's got all that, I'll even volunteer to calculate it
lol.gif

Allright Matt and Mr. Plow you both proved me wrong and that is why I am just a hillbilly with garden tractors and all I know is
I throw snow far and kendall wraps cords fast. To stay on topic If the pto clutch on my 108 parts unit is good will i mess anything up when i remove to put on the 129

Kraig, thanks for posting those brochures. Do you have any better pictures of the mounting arrangement for those Planet Jr. (aka S L Allen) planters? I have a pair I want to restore and mount on my 126. I had planned on mounting them on a sleeve hitch tool bar. Those appear to be pulled with the drawbar so I'm wondering how they're lifted. Thanks, Jerry

Thanks guys. Steve B and Matt G that's about what I figured,but with the way all this new math the kids come home with I didn't know if moon phases etc mattered! Kendell I only have about 150 feet of extension cord at home,so if I want to check the math from the other guys I'll have to wait for Wal-Mart to have them on sale!!
clappy.gif
lol.gif

Back