Archive through January 04, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ore boats that carried iron ore to IH's blast furnace in Chicago. There was a good write up on them in Harvester Highlights a few years back and they are referenced in several of the Farmington Implement videos when they make a materials reference. EX: "And then the good ship Harvester, loaded with her cargo of taconite from the Mesabi Range, makes her way down the Lakes to the waiting IH furnaces...."

Hello everyone
Great pics. I need some help,I need a new coupling for my 1650 part # 719-3027. The diagram shows a ball bearing which was not on mine should it have been? Is there a another part # ? Thanks

More PO fixes, geesh!!

318964.jpg

Ed C.
It depends on the serial number of your tractor.
You could need the ball, but then again, you might not!
IH-140079-C1 Shaft, Drive (Replaces IH-61125-C4 on tractors w/Serial No. 622951 and below.

Yea the other PN is 919-3027, LOL

Charlie,
Don't know if it did/does or not!!
happy.gif

Rube Goldberg would be proud though, I'm sure!!

Was in a parts tower I had picked up.
I was stripping it bare to mount the 149 gas tank and straps to for painting as an assembly. Then I can transfer it to the 149 that's waiting on the bench.

Steve B & all. IH was a textbook example of Vertical Integration in manufacturing. They owned property in the iron ore fields in Minnesota, owned the two ore ships, owned Wisconsin Steel. They weren't 100% self-sufficient in later years but still ran at a profitable pace. Early ag equipment used lots of wood in it's construction. They own forests too. Their manufacturing plants used lots and lots of coal, and they owned their own coal mine and like many mines, had the Company Store where employees could all their necessities because coal mines were never located near cities or towns.
Guy Fay wrote a good article about IH's vertical integration 20+ years ago in Red Power. Should have been required reading for ANYONE getting an MBA anywhere!
IH made some mistakes, letting their marketing people have WAY too much influence/control over their business. I personally think they ignorred the need for BIG ag equipment way too long in the 1940's & '50's. Spent too much effort on replacing the mule/horse on small farms. But they pushed the developement of turbine trucks/tractors, alternate fuels, IH did an aweful lot Right, and they knew how to maximize production. Over thirty years after the merged with Case lots of IH's equipment is still recognized as the best available. Plows, disks, axial flow combines. Lawn& garden tractors.

Denny: Since IH was formed from several older companies in 1902, about the time Henry was building his first car, I'm guessing that they were ahead of him in owning everything required to build their product. (Your description of all they owned from ships to forests fits FoMoCo from the 20's on to a "T" ) Heh....

Storage Sheds - Cubs & attachments.
Wondering what you guys have for storage sheds for your Cubs? Looking to possibly change my storage of Cubs from garage to a seperate shed this summer? Was thinking a dual purpose, Cubs in one half and firewood in the other. Likely have the firewood side open on one or two sides to let the wind blow through to keep wood dry and help dry down when freshly filled?? How big are you guys making them for 3 or 4 Cubs? Do you use them to work in as well or just to store them? Wood floor, cement, gravel?
Thoughts and or pictures of what you have.

Latest posts

Back