• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 04, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing I was right!
lol.gif

Here's a pic of one, Mike: I just happen to have one.

318940.jpg

It's listed online for $5.66.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The switch is a 30 amp switch.
That's probably why the P.O. had a 30 amp fuse in it.
icon_eek.gif

Hmmm, even the 70/100 headlight installation manual doesn't specify the fuse value.
1a_scratchhead.gif
Weird. I'd go with a 10 amp fuse cause if it's good enough for the 1x2/3, 1x4/5, 1x6/7 (10 amp), 1x8/9 (10 amp) and Quiet Line, (yep you guessed it 10 amp) it should be good enough for the 70/100.
happy.gif

The wiring for the lights is either 16 or 14 gauge (i'm guessing 14), which is only good for about 15 amps.
That is why you would only want a 10 amp fuse, so it would blow before anything else melted.

The headlights are 35 watt, and the grote light is 12 watt.
These three lamps would calculate to pull around 6.8 amps total.

14ga. wire will easily handle a 15amp fuse without damage to the wire,; however, as stated below 10amp will be plenty good.

Thanks guys! 10 amp fuse it is! Wish me luck! As much as I want to go out to the garage to work at it, pretty sure with -32’C temps, the heat would get sucked out of garage pretty fast! I guess I’ll have to wait until the weekend when it’s supposed to be warmer? Dog on winter can be nasty when it wants to be!!

Ethan - one more thing to add to Kraig's checklist, and this is only if it'll start when it's cold: I've had a couple of flathead motors that would quit when hot because the valve clearances had closed up to the point that once the valve stem got warmed up and expanded, the valve couldn't close. Long shot, but happens on older motors. Condenser gets my first vote too..

Don certainly does some unique work. I used to frequent his site regularly years ago to see what he was building.

Gerry,Kraig-I’m going to swap out the condenser this coming mid week,we’re supposed to get a January thaw here in RI itsgoing to get up into the mid forties.i wasn’t to happy to pull my 125 back into my garage with my 1450,the 125 quit at the end of my driveway which isn’t that long but pushing it back through the snow wasn’t happening.They never quit in a convenient spot

Charlie,

How easy are those to use...always thought you could make some cool videos with them, but I'm not very up on video editing, etc.

I have no clue, The pic I took was 5 minutes out of the box, LOL
I'm going to find out real soon though.
After the dang battery charges, Grrrrrrrrr

OTF
Ladies and Gerbils, for you who haven't met her, this is Lucy, our 1997 Mitsubishi built Cub Cadet. We've had her since 2001. She'd like to join The Forum (figures she'll get more attention that way) but doesn't know if she's a LARGER RELATIVE, an OFF TOPIC TRACTOR, or what. She's watched me deal with the Cub Cadet Garden Tractors over the years and hasn't shown a hint of jealousy, even helps out sometimes. Wondering where to go from here.
happy.gif

318950.jpg

GoPro's are pretty easy. Does that have a remote? Hard to tell by the packaging.

Turn on Camera first(power and Wifi). Then turn on Remote. The remote will then look for the camera. If you do it the other way, it usually(like mine) messes up and I end up powering everything down and starting over. Maybe they have fixed that little bug in the last 4 yrs? Sometimes the camera just locks up and I have to remove the battery to reset it as the buttons won't work.

If you have a smart phone, download the app and you can use the phone to control it. It's better as you can see what the camera sees and plus you can set all the modes/controls much easier then scrolling through them using the little LCD screen on the front of the camera.

You can download the vids to computer and watch them. There is a GoPro program you can download to be able to cut/paste/edit videos.

In all, pretty easy to use. One thing, if using the remote, only push the "record" button once. If you hold it too long it screws it up. One simple "click" to start, one to stop recording.

Larry K. says "If you have a smart phone" Yea right! LOL
You gotta be smart to have one of those!
I had cell phones back in the early to mid 70's, and again in the 80's, that was enough for me!

Under Edit,
No remote that I can see.

I've actually been waiting for it to warm up some and the wind to die down to play with the new thingy I got for Christmas.
DJI Phantom 4 Advanced
318952.jpg

Holy Cow Digger! Look at you go with all the toys! I see the local kids didn't get any this year...you snatched them all up!

Just wondering, I've been looking for the write up about this tractor that Xtreme Motorworks did a while back - anyone able to find it in a search?

318961.jpg

I certainly do like those square, flat fenders!

Back