• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through January 03, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calvin, on that tiller....

I see what is most likely the tiller you're talking about on ebay. Mechanicsville, VA, just as you describe. Good quality photos for anyone wanting to weigh in.

I hate it when someone tries to sell simultaneously on ebay & craigslist. At least he admits that it's for sale locally, but still.

Generally, I browse past classifieds here, and local craigslist & ebay sales, to get a sense of what prices are in my market. Not that I need anything, but maybe a killer deal shows up, and I'm able to recognize it.

I thought I did OK with a $400 package deal: tiller, with gearbox, all belts, one extension, hitch lift, and some snowblower odds-n-ends thrown in for good measure. Of course, my sense of value was affected by it being late March & I had just moved to a new place where my wife wanted to put in a garden & I didn't feel like creating a 40' x 25' bed by hand!

I've seen various tillers sell from $100 with a gear box (bought by my Dad, lucky guy!), to $450. This is in the CT-East NY-MA market.

Charlie wheres your safety gaurd for that tillers drive pully?

P.S. I have never saw so much value and cost talk on here... LOL

Is there a method to decode the serial number in order to find build dates for attachments?

Tony D.-

You'll have to lengthen the column...the 1862 column is about 6" long, and all the tilt steering stuff connects to the top of that. You'll also need the correct cylinder-to-frame mounting bracket, and a nearly impossible to obtain left-side steering knuckle to connect the cylinder to the axle. In addition to that, you'll need some different hydraulic lines to go between all of the components of the lift and the steering box.

Pictures we like pictures...
This was $500.00. Also came with a snow plow and a cart...

219087.jpg

Don T did you say $1500.00?

This was a $200.00 one.

219088.jpg

This was a $50.00 one.

219089.jpg

My point?
These are cool little tractors,but...
You know what they say in Philly..
It is what it is.
And it is just a lawn tractor...

Let the comments commence...

I bought this one in lower part of Pensylvannia last fall...paid $350.00 US for it and the gearbox...its a 2B and in almost perfect condition in my opinion? For what its worth to you? Just my two cents...

219093.jpg
219094.jpg

Didn't include the mule drive - had to but that seperate. Paid $90.00 for it...NOS from supplier.

Mike P.
I think you got ripped off buddy.
Your missing the gauge wheel & tire for the right side of that 2B!
clappy.gif

Jeff B.
Your right on all the price talk.
I thought I'd let things go and see just how far it went.
I was pretty much right in my thinking on how it would turn out.

We'll just call today our once a year what's it worth day and be done with it.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back