• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sure that Red 782 pic was to spark a discussion on the inadvisability of running E15, E85 or any other E-number fuel in your Cub. I'm disassembling my Genyouwine 1974 IH Cub Cadet 526 Rortotiller's carb right now to assess the damage done by leaving E10 in it..
facepalm.gif

Attachments

• facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 118
Speaking of Red 782's I thought I would post a pic of my son from last week end. We had a little garden tractor show in town and we took these up. I forgot to take pics once we were there.
facepalm.gif

Posting this pic just for no reason. LOL
305380.jpg

Attachments

• 305380.jpg
    305380.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 121
  • facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 117
  • 305380.jpg
    305380.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 117
Lewis,

Yes, only one plate. For the condition the planter is in, I am still happy with it.

Jason,

It looks a whole lot like that one. Thanks for the pics.
Update: Just got an email from Brinly. They said it was the KK-200 and sent a downloaded operating instruction manual. They said that was all the info they had on it.

Shultzie,

Yeah, your son is lookin' a little yellow and white under that red outfit!
Please remember to use the camera next time!!
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 119
Adam Vandervort - I didn't see any responses to your question about a 44A "floating" decks. I do see in your profile you have a 102. Are you thinking of using the 44A deck with your 102? If so I don't think there is a sub-frame to adapt these 2 together, so you'd have to make something.

Also, Cub Cadets do provide a "float" feature so the mowing deck and or other attachments/implements can be used in a "float" position. It should be addressed in your Operator Manual. If you don't have the Manual you can find one in the link to Manuals on the first page.
Your 102 should have a lift arm that has 2 little holes at the top and a wire bail that would hold the lock release button. Maybe you're missing the wire bail but you should see it in the Operator Manual. It is NLA from Cub Cadet (last I knew) and I don't know if Charlie has them or is making them up. This wire bail will hold down the lock release button which would allow your implement to float. There is an adjustable stop bolted to the frame that you can adjust to the lowest point you want for your float position. Once there the deck or other implement will only go down to the point of the stop and will float up to the top of the lift range.

The Manual should have pics and more info.

While we are on the subject of decks. Has anyone made there deck free floating like the simplicity decks. I loved my old deck on the simplicity. No scalping even on hills and uneven terrain. Was thinking maybe I could do something like that to my 44a.

Harry,

A 44" deck won't scalp if you add the front "ball" gauge wheels and a rear center anti scalp roller.

Carry the deck 1/2" off of the ground on hard surface.........scalp free and nice mowing!!!!

Schultzie. Awesome picture. You son looks very proud.

Question for everyone. I have a 1650 that has been a donor tractor for our other two 1650s. It's missing the engine, driveshaft, has mismatched rear rims, and needs another front axle due to pulley grooves. Should I just part it or sell the little critter as a rolling chassis or use the hydro linkage and pump to make the 129 with 14 horse engine into a hydraulic lift. Just want some opinions. TIA
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 111

Attachments

• 305391.jpg
    305391.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 305392.jpg
    305392.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 305393.jpg
    305393.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 122
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 305390.jpg
    305390.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 305393.jpg
    305393.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 305392.jpg
    305392.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 305391.jpg
    305391.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 305390.jpg
    305390.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 122
Marlin, I have one that is in the same boat, only has engine & dual hydraulics plus a 1450 w/o engine and 2 109's same way.

Have been using the 100 w/creeper this year w/the cultivator. Works really well.

Marlin, in my opinion, you answered your question with the statement --- ( use the hydro linkage and pump to make the 129 with 14 horse engine into a hydraulic lift.)

AS I read the forum, sounds like many users love the 149 and you would have basically that. I know my favorite it the 149, (Well I do kinda like my Red O,) but otherwise its the 149.

Back