• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 28, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Frank : You have great taste in vehicles and tractors.
Don T and Kevin should be there sometime this morning. I'm not sure where they stopped last night but I know they went to Stevens,PA on the way from Bethesda.
Sounds like it's a bit chilly there today, about -10C here. Have a great day.
happy.gif

About 10 yrs ago I saw something called a 4230 full size farm tractor, made in Iowa painted PINK in FARMSHOW Mag. Supposedly the guy's Wife bet Him that She'd get a Pink Cadillac and He said no She wouldn't. So He had to drive a PINK Tractor.
rofl.gif

Frank: I just spoke to Don T. He is just outside Boston heading your way. Plans to be there for this evening. I think you should prepare for some good stories!!
beer2.gif

Jim: Thanks for the update! He's still a good 6 hours south of here! He'll probably have even more stories by the time he gets back to Nova Scotia -- we're under another <font color="ff0000">heavy snow warning </font><font color="000000">from 9am Saturday to 9am Sunday. On the pics of the TigerCubs that Charlie posted, see the drivers holding the hydro handle all the way forward? I just learned that the term "balls to the wall" comes from the fighter plane pilots shoving their throttles (with rubber knobs) all the way forward. Next time someone asks you what WOT means . . .
smile.gif
</font>

Well I have to break the silence. The 125 I bought (still on the trip from Maryland with Don T.) has optional hydralic lift pump. I was wondering if this was a rare option as most pictures of 125's I have seen don't have it. Also would it be sufficient power to run a ram for a wood splitter?
coffee.gif

Jim, kinda hard to find as they were an option, doubtful it would work as a drive for a log splitter.

Jim, I wouldn't say that the hydraulic lift option was rare, there are a fair number of them out there but being an option means that there are less of them then there are tractors. The hydraulic lift does not have accessory ports to which a log splitter could be added nor do I think it has the force to power a splitter.

Frank C - Good observation on my previous post being my 123rd. Do I win a 123? Better throw in a 124 for this post, too! (Gosh, I'd better get busy posting if I want to win that 1650)
bouncy.gif

Brendan, I fixed it with some JB Weld. But don't tell KENtucky.
shhh.gif

80261.jpg

Played with the 100 at lunch today. Looking at the clutch, the teaser spring is broke, but couldn't crawl under it to take a good look at the main spring. Clutch works, but the pedal is real stiff coming back up. The whole pedal lever is bent up. Don't know what a PO did to it before I got it.

Gas tank leaks at the nipple. It's got a bunch of epoxy smushed around it too.

Jerry B, you got a spare tank I can borrow until I can get this one fixed?

I picked up a carb kit, head gasket, points and condensor and a new plug, oh and a new air filter. I'll change the oil tomorrow and see if I have enough Hytran to change the rear end after I pick up a trans gasket.

I'm gonna hit it with the power washer tomorrow too if I have time.

I don't think the S/G is charging either, but all the wiring is old and brittle so there may be a broken wire somewhere. I noticed on the V/R it is a 4 post, but someone hooked two wires to the bottom post on the side with 3 posts and nothing on the side with the single post. I don't have lights if that matters. I'll work on that when I have time. I just wanted to hear it run and see if it could drive under it's own power. I did that yesterday after I pryed the pressure plates from the clutch disc.

My wife thinks I'm ate up... I don't care to change her mind about it either...

Keith

Keith-
Almost every cub I've owned has needed a "go through" on the fuel system, which basically amounts to removing the fuel tank and emptying it of it's "diverse" contents, followed by replacing the fuel-sediment bowl, fuel line, and rebuilding the carb.

Seems as though most former owners think the fuel tank is a good place to store their extra sand, pine-needles, fuel spout caps, nails, screws, and other bits they've swept off the garage floor.

Personally I can't seem to fit the dust pan inside the fuel tank inlet, so I can't see how they get all of that crap in there, but it happens.
dunno.gif

KENtucky-
I think you mixed your JB weld at the wrong ratios. It's not the right shade of grey!
err.gif

By the way, any of you newer guys care to comment about what's missing from the picture of the 71 Kraig posted?

Art,
That 71 looks like a 70 with a hood and grill from a 71 plus what Keith posted.

Rear tires are from a earlier model.
It looks like the 71 has a push button to spin the starter.

Kraig, wow...good thing you fixed that, Charlie almost sold it that way
lol.gif

I don't think Kentuck will see it, sounds as if he's buried in his garage
happy.gif

I don't care whats wrong with that tractor, it can park next to my 102 any day.
Almost had a round fender 102 but my neighbor sent the parts to the junk man
swear.gif
bash.gif
censored.gif

Back