Archive through February 26, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
Nickolas awesome 169, and welcome to the forum, now you MUST "Please" send some 169 info to Art he is making a no name data base for 169s for us.
[email protected]

a.number of fins
b.engine and tractor serial number
c.engine model number

Nick:
thumbsup_old.gif

Nick, From a fellow "nic"

Welcome! 14 cubs! And every wagon! You must have one heck of a summer job.

When you buy Hy Tran, be sure to keep your empty jugs. Two weeks ago I brought three empty Hy Tran Ultra jugs to a nearby (20 miles) Case/IH dealer and had them refilled with the current version for just over $13 each.

Welcome Nick!Have we met?

There you go Frank.
Passing of the torch to the yunggins...

Greg-

I've actually tried to do that and was told "it's the same price either way".

What can you expect from a business named Clapp Bros.??????

Greg and Wayne I tried that with my closest dealer and he laughed at me. As I was walking away he said I will give you a 20% discount. It still would have been over 100. for five gallons. I kept walking.

About 4 years ago, I changed the transmission gear oil in the International Cub Cadet gear drive narrow frame #1. The price per gallon of the Hy-Tran was $17.00 . Last summer, I purchased Hy-Tran Ultra from my local Cub Cadet dealer to have for the model 72, and the price was at the $20.00 mark. So, a hundred dollars before tax sounds about right. Also, I sort of seem to think I agree about the price of Hy-Tran Ultra being the same price even if you bring in your own container to purchase the product. I use it in all my International Cub Cadets!

"Hot Rod": I hope you can post pics of what you find when you drop the hydro fluid. For that engine to turn freely when unhooked from the drive system is a new one on me. Still
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Frank
I bet he will find the charge pump gear is split . I want to know also what he finds .I would see if the shaft that goes through the hyd pump will turn from the back. It could have a pile of water and just froze up. seen that on one I get here.
1a_scratchhead.gif

The 123 started once right after I cleaned up the releif buttons and had them pushed down. It took of backwards and climbed up on some junk in the shead but I grabed the hydro handle and moved it forward. I don't have a key for the 123 so I was using jumper cables to the starter and a hot wire to the coil. The starter on the 123 is off of the 122 and works good. The battery is a 26, I had to grind the clamp lugs off the battery to get the battery in the battery box.
The PO said he got it from a car port were it sat 20 years. The flywheel on this engine is held on with a 3/8" bolt and not a 5/8" nut

"Hot Rod" (Harry's choice);

worthless.gif

That being said, from what I'm understanding - it still doesn't make sense.

Engine wouldn't turn completely over. Unhooked engine from driveshaft. Engine turned well. Freed up stuck hydro valves. Good to go.

Is it possible for the hydro valves to get stuck in such a position that the engine doesn't want to turn the driveshaft? Still
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Wayne & Luther - That's a bummer about your dealers not offering a deal on refilling your empties from a bulk barrel. I guess that's my perk for living in this godforsaken frozen tundra this winter!

Frank; I went out after dinner and the engine fired right up and ran until it ran out of gas. I forgot about the 4 bolts that I removed, so I'm glad it quit before it ruined the aluminum part connected to the flywheel. A week ago I had the seat mount and fenders off to check the trans oil and de-rust the 2 releif valves. The old owner tried to hack a piece out of the tunnel and the lever is missing and the bracket is wrecked. I'm hopping that new oil and filter will cure the hydro problem. There is no sign of rust inside the transmissiom, I removed the top plate. I could turn the shaft when I had the engine out. This tractor was painted years ago and doesn't have any decals. If I turn the engine by hand should the shaft on the back of the hydro be turning also?

Edward H Lincoln

On any hydro the shaft you see at the back is a one piece shaft and goes through the hydro . So yes it must turn or you got a big problem inside the hydro.

Well seems kinda quiet , so thought I would post some pics of the hydro unit that I picked up, the guy did tell me that it did not work, I guess now I know why.

284135.jpg

284136.jpg

284137.jpg

Found some gravel in the tank

284138.jpg

Latest posts

Back