• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 12, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Attention: I am in the process of starting a data-base with tractor serial and engine numbers to continue unraveling the "169 engine fin saga". I think with the info from a few more tractors, we may be able to make some assumptions about the situation.

For this data-base I am looking for the following information from any 169, or under edit: any 1650, Cub Cadet owners:
Tractor Serial Number
Engine Serial Number
Engine Spec Number
Engine Fin Count

Please email for more info!

Kenneth-
Good point. Maybe we should include 1650's and even some off-topic spec number info.

If you've got other K341 engines, send me the info!
happy.gif

I'll edit my profile tag-line. Maybe our "new" moderator could edit my post below? (I'm locked out now..)

I haven't pulled any tin to count mine as yet, but there are numerous other "brands" that have used this engine. Mine is on a "BLUE" colored one.

Kenny

Micheal, I too live in murray, are you talking about the expo center tractor show that was on Saturday if so
bash.gif
I new I should have went to that.

Kenny-
I'm only interested in the YELLOW ones, so I won't need that info, but if the data helps someone know more about the BLUE and GREEN ones, I guess that's not a bad deal either.
happy.gif

Art, how's that? I can't edit the tag line however... Imagine the fun if I could...
asthanos.gif

Kraig-
That's perfect. <font size="-2">(...and for the record, I'm OK with you not being able to edit the tag-lines. LOL!)</font>

rockshaft assembly on the 128.
i posted here several days ago asking how to get the rockshaft assembly out of the tractor, as there was not enough clearance.
at the time, i could not understand what everyone was saying about removing the bushing, because at that time i was unable to go look at the tractor.
I just went and looked at the tractor. the bushing is still on the shaft, not stuck in the frame.
so, my question is, is there an easy way to remove the bushing from the shaft?

if you have no idea of what part i am referring to, here is a video. part is circled in red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyxOnWp_U-Q

Frank S.-

I'm assuming you're talking about #27. The fastest way would probably be to heat to a dull red with a torch to burn out the rust, and then you should be able to spin it off pretty easy with a pair of vise-grips. Otherwise, lots of penetrant and patience.

yes, i am speaking of part 27.
i considered the torch, just wondering if there was another way.

Charlie, thanks for the lesson via the phone. I can't wait until April 1st...
clappy.gif

36A Blower question
Will a 36A blower fit my 582 or soon to be bought 1250? one came up today. I have a old 24" blower I worked the SNUT out of today. 8 hours of clearing. I have a plow on my 582 but am thinking a blower would be nice. The seller is asking 150 with 3 cubs under my roof (1000, 1200,582) "582 is the best runner" I will be grabbing a 1200 with creeper and 1250 ths weekend if all goes as planned. WOW thats a bunch of stuff.

Art A
Well I just had to try it out. The snow is so wet and heavy , but I did get it to blow about 20' in the air and land about 35' away.I did have a few problems,The pto switch won`t stay in gauged and well the tru powers with 100 lbs of weight just don`t cut it lol. So off they come and turfs and chains will do the trick with the 100 lbs of weight.If this snow was a little dryer I know I would have a monster for snow removal.whats a few scratches on the drive ! I will go out later and have some more fun with the 149.
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back