• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 12, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is that same original as it stands now,Serial #is 1717.Amazingly the frame was not cracked on this one and tractor was complete.The pedestal was rotted out at the battery box so I replaced it with one with the slot.Someone at one time moved the V/R to the side of the pedestal,but is will be put back to it's original location.
219599.jpg

Lewis Palma

Is that a 100 grill I see behind that O you posted ? I `am going out side and get some seat time on the 149 pushing around some snow. Have a great day !
old.gif

Lewis P:
Were is the original position for the voltage regulater, on the early model originals.
Also my front wheels don't have a bolt in the center holding them on there is a different type of arrangement?? I dont believe the PO change it out???
Thank you

Boy man! You all got all the snow fun! I got ripped off! LMAO. We only got about 3 inches here. I took the plow off and put the blower on no luck!!
bash.gif
rant.gif

Paul W Andrews
My 12 month 61 Original has the voltage regulator mounted up by the battery .
219602.jpg

Correct mounting location for the voltage regulator on an Original is in front of the battery. From day 1 the front wheels were held on with one bolt. Here are some photos of a prototype Cub Cadet Original:

219604.jpg

219605.jpg

219606.jpg

219607.jpg

Norm, I assume you have purchased a ported hydro pump with the control valve, hoses, cylinder and tubing. If the visible wear points are in good condition, for example the trunion slot and linkage mounting points, I would just replace gaskets. If it looks like it's led a rough life it might be a good idea to go through it and replace seals.

Don T,

This is the "water glob" I discovered when I was making room in the garage. I picked up this 70 in the summer as a future project, and was puzzled why it all of a sudden locked up!

219612.jpg

The voltage regulator on an Original is supposed to be mounted on the front of the pedestal/battery box as shown in the picture posted by Donald T. That tucks it in behind the engine and makes it harder to remove the cover and or wires for any maintenance or adjustments. I suppose people would relocate them to the sides of the pedestal for ease of access. The prototype # 409 had the VR mounted on the left side of the pedestal.........but then it's PO was an an electrical engineer at the Hinsdale Test Center, and had been relocated by him. The battery box had the original mounting holes in it.

Latest posts

Back