• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tswafford

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Thurman Swafford
Aaytay on your 169 registry I noticed you have the wrong engine serial number listed on my 169 serial #506737. It still has the original engine serial #6091963 with 13 fins in it. Also I didn't see my other 169 I own listed. The tractor serial
#527920 and engine serial #6324678 with 12 fins if you would like to enter it to your registry.

Marty
I honestly have been replacing with roll pins not coiled pins. I'm calling my self a lot of bad words!

Ed C.

Make sure this is the problem before you beat yourself up too much! LOL.
Just to be on the safe side, it wouldn't hurt to replace those roll pins with coiled spring pins while you are working on the tractor. Just my 2 cents.

Marty
You are correct I should and will. Question, Someone tried to replace the outer pin where the stop is on the very outside edge of the tractor and it' is peened over and is flush on both ends. Any tricks
Thanks

Dave
I don't believe I have enough room without cutting into the actual mechanical stop.

CHarlie ,the adjustment know link will pass by there is a gap between step aND frame it might need a slight 1/2in. Trim at the most . As far as the brake link will clear and with the brake pedal halfway depressed it will allow for a 14 inch rear assembly height .so that's quite a bit of access. I'll go to tractor supply tomorrow and see what kind of 3/4 to inch. Spindle /wagon axle I can find a and mock it up for pics .

Al V.
You do know that with all these mods, your gonna have to start a thread in the,
Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new ! ! ! section.
beer2.gif

Attachments

• beer2.gif
    beer2.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 145
see, now I knew we had more 169s for Art to log

Lol I didn't know that but not until I get some done correct ?lol

Al V.

I know your yellow and white fever is running high, but I would suggest you get your tractor running like a new one first.
All those ideas/projects are fine, but I wouldn't try and tackle them all at one time.
Believe me, things will go wrong and discourage you. If you try to do all your ideas at one time, there may be so many discouragements you may give up all together.
Overcome one hurdle at a time, and I believe things will go a lot better for you.
Just my two cents.

Marty thanks. I think I have a solid game plan . Lol electrical first ( necessetiyty )then to the front end issues I have.then slowly tackle the list of repairs needed from years of being neglected . With all you guys here I'm sure it will go as smooth as silk.

Thurman-
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what happened, but I believe we have you listed correctly now. Here is the most up to date list I have.
302164.jpg

Luther-
Can you please fill in the question marks for us?

Keep that 169 data coming folks!

Attachments

• 302164.jpg
    302164.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 302164.jpg
    302164.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 152
Back in about '95, I replaced the original engine in the 129 with a Kohler "Spring Special" (that's what my L&G dealer said it was) black K-301. Looking at Art's list, just made me wonder if I coulda had a 16 horse. Anyone remember if all sizes were available in those replacement deals?

I put a Hobbs hour meter on the dash at the same time, IIRC, I've got about 600 hours on it now (I'd go out to the barn and look for sure, but it's a looooong walk right now - I miss me Cub!)

In 1998 I did the same thing and put a K321 in a 129......$650 for a full 14hp replacement drop in engine. Don't recall if 16 was available then or not.

Art,

I have two 169's...

The working one is S/N 529071 (October 1974) and has the original engine S/N 12059855 Spec 71154a with 12 Fins. Apparently a special one as it has a Manual Lift as the factory was out of HydroLift parts and needed to ship orders to dealers. The dealers got a discount on their invoice and were supplied with a Part # for a retrofit kit (The HydroLift Parts) to order at a later date.

The second 169 is in engine swap mode now but I can't get to it now. Unfortunately the PO had done a 70's Dodge Go Mango rattlecan sprayover of the IH Yellow. I'll get the S/N's to you sometime.

I use them to mow (have 2 50C decks and a 42 cast front that is my favorite)2 acres of lawn & 3 acres mix of field grass & meadow. Sometimes I let the field grass go to over 20" tall in areas but the decks just mow it down and in 4 passes it is all mulched.

The meadow sometimes gets overgrown with Russian Olive an invasive species of brush that grows woody trunks about wrist size & 8 foot high. The power of my tractor can just knock them down and decks can just chew them up! Rarely do I get out the chainsaw Love it and great seat time!

Use 42" Blade to plow my 800 foot single lane paved driveway. Can move 12" of heavy snow, over that I have to get it plowed because the side drifts get too high to make it wide enough for a car. To remedy that I got a QA42 Snow Thrower but its mounted on a NF mount, have the parts to swap over to WF but pulley is frozen on shaft and not allowing the plate to be removed. Breaking out the torch soon.

Tom
Newton NJ

Charlie, I think loaders go well on all cub cadets.
Especially mine

302168.jpg

Attachments

• 302168.jpg
    302168.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 302168.jpg
    302168.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 183
Doug / Charlie
All this talk and pics about loaders.....
bash.gif
bash.gif
bash.gif

Some of us are "loader challenged" you know.
angry.gif
LOL

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 147
  • bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 148
  • bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 149
  • angry.gif
    angry.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 142
It's hard to beat a Kwik-Way loader.
That self leveling bucket is great.
And I think they built a little better than the Johnson's.

2X on Kwik-Way.....I beat the heck out of mine on an SGT frame and it keeps asking for more!!!!

Back