• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 06, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every now and then I see something on here that is just to funny. Thanks Tom
clappy.gif

anyone know the dimensions for the electric lift actuator. I have come across a place to get them but need the length and load capacity to get one that will work. I have a cub that is missing one that I would like get working. I have another manual lift handle to put on it but would like to get the electric lift working

Jeff-
That works!
happy.gif

Tom-
I don't know who that seller is, but don't fall for his scam. This knife is not that rare, it's the later MTD style. If you truly consider yourself a collector, you'll wait and find a genuine <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> knife.

LARRY CARTER - I'll answer your question until Steve B sees it and can comment. Those style semi-mounted plows are "Steerable", they pivot off the bar that mounts between the 3-pt hitch lower arms, and that raised rod running to the back "Steers" the rear furrow wheel/tire. The rear hyd cylinder just raises/lowers the tire to put the plow in the ground or raise it, and does nothing to steer the plow.

As tractors got bigger and 4,5, and even up to 8-10-12 bottom plows became common they needed a way to trail better behind the tractors to allow farmers to make small headlands on the ends of the fields. The steerable 4 & 5 bottom plows replaced the pull-type plows and fully mounted plows almost entirely because of the steerable feature. With a little practice you could even back them into corners of fields when plowing headlands and into corners of sheds for storage. Also, because the frt & rear of the plow could be raised/lowered independently, you could keep the headlands more even, getting all bottoms into the ground and turnning furrows at about the same distance from the fence, made plowing headlands much easier. Plowed ground doesn't plow at ALL well the second time, so an even row of furrows entering/leaving the land being plowed made plowing the headlands much easier, and look much better with no missed areas when done.

Here is an almost "came home with me the other day"...I went by a fellows repair shop the other day and saw he had an older cub he had out front. Ended up being a 102 with a bad paint job but all original. Pretty good looking overall. Around the corner he had a 1650 with a snowthrower and a plow and a deck. The snowthrower and the plow looked like they had never been used. The only problem was the owner was nowhere to be found. So I stopped by the next day and still no owner. Going to try again next week. Hopefully he will want to make a deal.

Tom H. Holy Cow!!! If it weren't for the high priced shipping on that critter, I'd be tempted to bid. Thank You for sharing that little ebay gem.
feint.gif

Hope nobody minds if I break topic hear and ask a cub cadet question.....
biggrin.gif
. My 782 has a KT-17 series II without an oil filter. Is there a provision on the block to <u>add</u> a remote oil filter system? I've hunted in the vault and down loaded the service and owners manuals but I haven't found the answer, other than some had filters and some did not. I'm still rereading the faq section trying to remember every thing about this machine.
err.gif

Mr. Plow, posting from Big Steve's house/account....

Just finished testing the 2 bottom semi-mounted plow.....adjusted it for level and depth of cut...took 5 minutes. Otherwise it cuts a perfect 2 x 8" per pass at 6-7" deep, pulls perfectly straight and didn't do anything else to it!!!!!

244520.jpg

244523.jpg

244521.jpg

244522.jpg

244524.jpg

Mr. Plow is HAPPY!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

You say Mr. Plow is happy, how about the tractor? Does it pull it OK?

Back