• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry,you dont think the 1x4 will run a 42" thrower ? I was thinking it would ? So do you think I should look for a QA-36 instead ?

thanks for the responses, harry..i'm not quite sure what you mean by overloaded?

I was just stirring the pot with my cogged belt query.
wedgie.gif
popcorn1.gif
angel.gif

Dan G., WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Jim H.
Have you tried readjusting the governor per the manual?

dan gruber

What Harry is trying to tell you about the snow blower is you have to feed them lots of snow . A single stage needs to be force fed to throw the snow ;But it is real easy to get so much snow in the thrower that you can stall back the engine. This will cause the thrower to plug up . You need to find the sweet spot of feed with the power to make them work. So I have read here on a few posts . I have a 42" here that some day I will mount on my 149 just to check it out. I have to many things on the go this winter.
ihrotate.gif

Hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas.

I've been a little busy between meals and opening packages.

My Brother gave me a little can of anti-seize...

251193.jpg

Found a suitable key blank and had 3 more made. Painted the heads yellow so no one would try to start one of my other color tractors with them...

Before:

251194.jpg

During:

251195.jpg

After:

251196.jpg

Then let my boys give the 109 a try with the snow plow...

251197.jpg

Don T - yup, you got that exactly right. It's like finding the sweet spot in your thrower.

Dan G - it is a single stage thrower so the snow on the auger is forcing the snow out the chute and the more you can get onto the auger the harder it forces it out the chute. With the standard original set up you should be able to throw snow 25', heavy wet stuff at least 10' or more. I think the 1st key is a Hydro tractor, which you have (others on here might not agree), and I'm sure 10hp will handle a 36" thrower but a 42" may be to much. I see Amy mentioned her thrower model CW36 she has for her 10hp 104. The 104 is a gear drive and it sounds as tho Amy has had good performance with her CW36. Hey, can you post some pics of your 107 so we can see what you're starting out here with.

Amy - I see you posted when I was typing before. Glad you got your pulley reversed (officially named a sheave
happy.gif
I'm a littel worried you don't have any weights on your unit. I assume you do have the chains installed or you're probably not going anyplace.

Amy,

Just a word of caution, I saw a cardiologist once, and he told me I was too sick to go home. When I finally got home again, it was 8 weeks later, and it took me a year to recover. Were this me, I would align the sheaves now, before the appointment.

Harry,

I'd love to teach rigging. I think I am pretty good at it. I do correct people's thinking at every chance that I get. It is usually a sheave that they all call a pulley. I am still thinking about that alternator/serpentine belt question.

DAN G. - Welcome to IHCC.com. Your 107 if it's running well should run your 48" wide mower deck O-K. You won't want to let your grass grow too high between mowings, but with the infinite speed selections of the hydro you should be O-K.

On the snow blower, whether you get a 36 or 42 inch depends more on what size tires your tractor has. If you have the narrow frt tires and either the 6-12 or 23-8.50X12 rear tires you can run a 36 inch blower without having to drive on and pack down the snow next to the pass of the blower you're making. If you have 23-10.50 rear tires and/or the wider 16-6.50X8 frt tires I'd suggest a 42" wide blower.

You can adust the load on the tractor engine by varying the width of cut you make with both the mower & snow blower, you don't always have to take a full swath.

Dan,
Dad got our 107 new with a 48 inch deck, has always done a good job. The only time it had a issue with power was 2 years ago before a new piston and rings. Never had a snow thrower on it so opinion on that.

Short story, you'll love it.

"I was just stirring the pot with my cogged belt query. "

That's why I chose the Gilmer Belt term.. Wondering who would jump into it... :cool:

"Your 107 if it's running well should run your 48" wide mower deck O-K. You won't want to let your grass grow too high between mowings, but with the infinite speed selections of the hydro you should be O-K.

On the snow blower, whether you get a 36 or 42 inch depends more on what size tires your tractor has. If you have the narrow frt tires and either the 6-12 or 23-8.50X12 rear tires you can run a 36 inch blower without having to drive on and pack down the snow next to the pass of the blower you're making. If you have 23-10.50 rear tires and/or the wider 16-6.50X8 frt tires I'd suggest a 42" wide blower.

You can adust the load on the tractor engine by varying the width of cut you make with both the mower & snow blower, you don't always have to take a full swath."

HMmmm.. Mark down the date! Denny and I actually agree completely for a change!!

Just kidding with you Dennis, sarcasm in the morning!
biggrin.gif

How much does the speed up pulley change the speed on a 44A deck ? Does it make much of a difference when mowing ?

Sean-
Your question about the 8hp snowblower is a good one, but we really haven't been able to answer that question. (It just came up about a week or two ago if you want to look through the old pages.)

The problem is that there are too many variables such as 1) engine condition, 2) snowthrower condition, 3) snow conditions, 4) driveway 'base' conditions, and finally 5) operator experience.

What works on 4" cold/dry snow in Northern Minn may not work on 9" of slop in Kentucky.

Your best bet is to grease up the thrower, make sure the paint is fresh in the chute and give it a try.

Of course when you do this you'll have to report back with your experience and pictures!
happy.gif

worthless.gif

I've not looked at it yet but going to look at a IH Cub Cadet hydraulic lift that was on a 123 is 300.00 a fair price? Not sure what I will offer but he is asking 300.00.

Thanks for the answer I will just have to try it sometime. If it is underpower it would be a good excuse for me to get a bigger Cub! Have good day everyone! Getting ready to change out compression spring on drive shaft that broke on me the other day.

Brian-

The 'real' name for a serpentine belt is a Poly-V belt, so I'd imagine those are supposed to be called sheaves as well.

Latest posts

Back