• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljones

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Lucas Jones
Harry, it is pretty scarey, I did it on know territory just for the vidio, otherwise I run in 1st unless I start slipping the I go in 2nd.

AH, but Harry it is a motor that starts your engine! <font size="-2">Drivers, start your engines !</font><font size="-1">Verooooom</font>

Allen - but, but but... if you drive a Prius then "Drivers start your motors - whooooosh!!!!!!

Lucas - you should make sure the trip spring lock is in the release position too. Otherwise it's like hittin a brick wall if the blade can't trip. When I lived on the east coast them "Connecticut Patataes'" would pop out of the ground any time of year and just trip ya up. I suspect ya got some down there in ole Kentuck as well, and they will show their face now and then.

ACK... HARRY - You said the "P-word". Every time I see one of those things on the road I have to pass it! Which isn't hard since they typically run about 10-15 MPH UNDER the speed limit around here.

How about just making a new word and call them all "shulleys"????

I've always been told a motor is electric and an engine is internal combustion.

Art- See what you started?

Harry...are/were you a lawyer? If not you sure would have made a good one.

I've been waiting to see how long it's gonna take Charlie to put this forum back on track.

Sorry Charlie!

Kraig, Machinery's Handbook treats a cogged belt as a modified flat belt, so it would ride on a pulley.

Denny those P...US' on the west side are always passin' me, goin' faster than the speed limit!
I got new wheels with 360hp (2011) will blow carbon out next time I'm haulin one of my Cub Cadets & pass 'em....
Shift.gif

This is all I can think of on the "sheave vs pulley" debate?? (not for me) from the mind of the Great Steve Martin;

"Ok, I don't like to gear my material to the audience but I'd like to make an exception because I was told that there is a convention of plumbers in San Francisco this week and I understand about 30 of them came down to the show tonight, so before I came out I worked-up a joke especially for the plumbers. Those of you who aren't plumbers probably won't get this and won't think it's funny, but I think those of you who are plumbers will really enjoy this."­

"This lawn supervisor was out on a sprinkler maintenance job and he started working on a Findlay sprinkler head with a Langstrom 7" gangly wrench. Just then, this little apprentice leaned over and said, "You can't work on a Findlay sprinkler head with a Langstrom 7" wrench." Well this infuriated the supervisor, so he went and got Volume 14 of the Kinsley manual, and he reads to him and says, "The Langstrom 7" wrench can be used with the Findlay sprocket." Just then, the little apprentice leaned over and said, "It says sprocket not socket!"

Wayne - you know that's the darndest thing. My brother went to law school and I joined the Navy. When he finished he said I was lucky I didn't go since I wouldn't have been any good. Fast forward 40 years and I get all the time "are you a lawyer or something", which I'm not, and my brother gets "you mean you really are a lawyer? I would'a never known"
happy.gif

Hey, on the new word, maybe it should be Sheavey (no GM would have a problem with that).

So, I haven't seen anyone respond to Jon S and his 782 drive shaft issue. Is he supposed to have a ball coupler?

New here as of today...i've been reading up on and am getting more interested in these by the day...i recently got a 107 with deck in trade for my 2 project bolens tubeframes...it runs great and only needed a new wear button on the pto

I looked in the parts lookup and is shows a "self aligning ball bushing" on the rear coupler for a 782

I was told the 48" deck on my 107 may be too much for it..i plan on getting a snowthrower for it and a push blade as well but was curious what size thrower i should get as i saw 2 sizes i believe...42 and 36" in size
Any weigh in on deck size for considering it's only a 10hp and hydro (which i've heard sucks more power)?

Harry.
I have been in touch with him bout the issue via email. Now if someone colud figure out my issues on my 782.I am real sure there could be a barley pop reward for who figures it out.

Harry,yea I got home from my doctors appointment I went out an changed the sheave (pulley) lol . I was able to change it on the cub. I aligned it the best I could but havent had the time to test it yet...ill check it out tomorrow afternoon after my cardiologist appointment. I have a lil left to clean up but they are talking about my snow coming in friday an sat here again....

Jim H - you posted on 12/26 about what sounded to me like a Governor issue. I'm not much on the internals of these engines, and your's is also a twin cylinder. I'm really hoping some of the guys will pop in here and help out.

Dan G - yes welcome to the Forum. A 48" deck is probably to much for a 10hp 107 to really handle very well. I'm not saying it won't work but you may have to use fairly slow tractor speed. 42" is usually about the max I've seen/used on a 10hp engine. The hydro does take some of the power but it also provides "infinitely" variable speed which offsets alot of that in my view. As for the thrower, I'd suggest trying to stay with a QA36 or QA36A. The thrower probably works it's best when it's "almost" overloaded, and a 10hp might not be able to do that with a 42" thrower.

Dan thats all ive seen is a 36" an 42" snow thrower for the older cubs,I think for the new ones they have 48" an I think 50 or 52"? I have the CW-36 but thinking about a qa-42. The CW-36 was never touched except for belts an shear pins an adding grease until this fall I took it apart to restore it...I didnt get it the way I wanted but will get it finished this spring...

Wayne-
I didn't start anything, just observations, that's all.
happy.gif

Look on the bright side everybody, we'd be missing a couple of pages if we didn't have this 'sheave vs pulley vs sprocket vs socket' discussion. (can you tell it's winter?)
1a_scratchhead.gif

LOL...

It may only be a plug outlet to you, but, It's-a-socket-to me !
whistling.gif

<font size="-2">Younger members woun't have a clue to that.</font>

Latest posts

Back