• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art, you have friends?
clappy.gif

Is there a guide for how much furl the pump on a kt-17 should put out? This one seems to be shy on fuel. Just a trickle out of the line to carb. Also didn't get the center brass tube out out of the carb, are they hollow like the older carter main needles?

FRANK - I fixed the trunion arm on My 982 last winter. Mine looked just like the one You posted the pic's of, the outside piece was completely gone, nothing left to weld to. I made a plate to weld on out of 1/4" thk plate and welded it to the arm, tweeked the arm just a bit and it works fine. Just wish I was as satisfied with the 982's Onan engine. I ran it outside the shop today to run & warm up while Son & I moved snow. I knew it was low on gas but I thought it could idle for a half hour or so. but NO, died and I let it sit for an hour and get cold and it wouldn't restart, even with a jump, so We pushed it back in shop.

RICHARD - Nice welder, I've got several blue boxes in My shop too. My MIG is Your MM 210's predecesor, MM 185. Looks like You got the REAL small CO2/Argon tank. Did You get the SpoolGun? My 185 is SG ready but I can't justify the $500 for as seldom (never?) as I've needed it.

JASON, PAUL - I joined IH CC Chapter 4 several yrs ago, but haven't kept current on My dues. I do get RPM magazine, guess for close to 20 yrs. I plan on being @ RPRU, and I'll have to make it ALL the way to Waterloo too. I'm actually about perfectly in the middle between the two.

Art, we also know that it's an excuse to get out the welder. Its fun untill it's a six day a week job. Kind of wish I was still at it!

Art,
wave.gif
I have one or two, maybe three that need welding up, probably not until spring though.
happy.gif

Dennis F. My Mig is the 251, my brother has the 250 miller and has a Spool Gun he never uses, he said I could have it but when I checked with Miller it wouldn't fit. I would have to buy an adapter since they use different voltages and the adapter is pretty expensive so I gave up on that idea.

I had the bottle for a smaller Lincon mig I used to have and never bothered to upgrade since the welding shop is close to my place so I can get a refill quickly.

One thing I would say about welding up the trunion brackets (The less welding you do the better). When I first started doing them I got carried away and added extra metal all around the opening. That was overkill and completely unnecessary. Now I just fill in the rough spots and file them back to original size. They lasted 30 to 40 years the way they came from the factory and will last that long again without extra re-inforcing.

Wishing everyone a very
ihrotate.gif
"Merry Christmas"

......had the 1450 out yesterday to clean up the fresh snow we recieved, all was going great till the blade wouldn't go down, after a little look around, i found that the cam had come loose on the lift height stop ( some one just mentioned the other day that if you don't need it, remove it and save it for when you have a deck on in the summer) so i adjust it and back to work, but then the blade would not raise, a quick look and yep, the spirol roll pin was the problem ( must of broke it trying to get the blade to lower, as it was only 2 years old). luckly i have a jar of these in the shop, where i changed the pin and put the cam and knob away for the rest of this winter......and then back to some great seat time.......

Denny-
I've got a 210 here. Great welder! (I think Steve B has the same one.)

112055.jpg

Jeff-
Yes, I do have friends. The non-friends get their springs welded right to the trunion plates when their not looking. (Ask Vince, he's a non-friend!)
lazerburn.gif

Why don't you bring your Quite-Line over and we'll see where you stand. LOL!
112056.gif

Kraig-
I'll do the welding, but you'll need to bring your own file!
happy.gif

I got a True Blue in my shop too..(also a pretty good red one that was built up your way (before Lincoln bought 'em out and shut 'em down).
112067.jpg

112068.jpg

Art is correct, there is a nice Blue 210 sitting in my shop as well....NICE machine!!!!

Art, there will soon be something in my shed that's just like something in yours as well...wanna guess??? (Merry Christmas to me.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
)

Latest posts

Back