• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Blunier

You're running the same setup as I am, 782 and the thrower. I'm not clear on the changes on the straps you're referring to, and wonder if you have a digital camera, and would take the time to do so (there's no snow here, so if you're in the same boat you have plenty of time on your hands!) if you could post a few pix of your setup and perhaps I can improve my unit, too?

I know, I send the same Christmas card every year.
47471.jpg

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year To ALL,

Sorry for not spelling you name correctly Mr Tatchell. This is what happens to self taught computer users I pay more attention to the process instead of what I'm actually saying.

David:
Since I see only two camels, can I take it that the third of the Wise Men actually rode a 149 to Bethlehem? Maybe using the QA-42(S) Sand Thrower attachment??

Mornin All,
coffee.gif
I was wondrin' what the snow forecast looks like for all the lucky dogs that get it now, not January, when the bay finally cools down enough to let it snow...
Oh, and How exactly does a "Float Lock-out Plate" work, and get installed on a 1X8/9 w/ a hydro lift?

Dale, for the QA blowers there is two type of straps for them. Straight ones for the narrow and wide frames tractor up to the 50 series( 1450,1650). The 82 series used the curved straps because of the grill design at the front lower portion.
If you are running them with the arc on the top, when you lift the blower your probably hitting the bottom front of the tractor grill. Take them and flip them so they look like a " U ", the curve will be at the bottom. When you lift the blower it won't hit the front frame of the tractor.
There is a pic with Steve's 149 and the blower. His straps are flipped for more ground clearance. On the 82's you need them flipped for clearance for the tractor frame. Hope this helps Chris

MerryChristmas from the Mchone family,thought I would post a pic of some of this stuff that we havent saw here in a long time,home made rear blade worked real well,now have gotten a 42" front blade and cant get any seat time,well its on my list to santa lol. kenny.

47475.jpg

47476.jpg

Sorry digger I hit enter between and after pics but still got crossed up,Im like that guy on the movie "LIFE" the dudes name was caintgetright,I think thats going to be my new name on here "CAINT GET RIGHT" lol.

Ken,
I just came over to the inlaws house for a minute,(No puter at our place right now) and fixed yer goof for ya.
biggrin.gif

Thanks to all who have been helpful to me this year. My 149 performs nicely due in part to all the support offered by everyone on this forum. As I like to say, I have people. Hopefully next year, I can pick up another tractor or two and go a little overboard like some of you guys.
biggrin.gif

Well, no pics since my wife took the camera with her today, but we FINALLY got some snow to feed the QA42A. I had so much fun clearing 3+ inches off of the driveway that I headed over to the only neighbor w/o snow removal equipment and cleared theirs. I think I'm going to do the thrower upgrade when I go through the bearings and repaint next summer. I can just imagine what it would do with that. It is already a real workhorse as is.

Could someone post up a pic of the chain tensioner on the QA42a snow thrower. The parts came in a box and I think that there might be a spacer missing. I have the sprocket and shaft but there seems to be alot of space between the 2 ears.
Thanks
Lane

Chris Thanks for the hint at looking up his picture. It shows nicely, now I will have to trek out to the shed to see what my rig looks like, I haven't memorized it. As a matter of fact it is still sitting in FRONT of the tractor, not mounted yet and the way the forecast is, it may be that way awhile. I also found tons of great pictures in the archives. This could be dangerous, looking around this way. Thanks again for your hint, and thanks to all the picture posters.

Dale,

Run them like this on an 82 series (see purple circle) to avoid contact between the lift arms and the frame/grill (see green arrow)

47493.jpg

Tom just in case you didnt get my email heres one pic of that gaurd I have more but cant figure out my kodak not so easy share software yet ,anyway merry christmas to all. Kennym.
47496.jpg

Lane -- "I have the sprocket and shaft but there <font color="ff0000">seems to be alot of space between the 2 ears."</font><font color="000000"> That happens alot around here ;)

Mitch -- if that deck has 2 short and 1 long blade then it's a 42". I feel for ya! You'll love that w-i-d-e frame. They may not be the prettiest cubs built but they're sure the best frame to have.
You've got some work to do in your profile now
happy.gif

IH Cub Cadets owned: none yet

Steve -- 782 lookin good! Why not take it to Denver and feed it , it looks hungry.

Mitch -- that's when wide frames start lookin good, when they turn red.

KenM -- Those are the best lookin yellow cubs , flat fenders and slant grills.</font>

Back