• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 21, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Mick M.
It's just one of those cheapy things the wife picked up at the surplus store for $11.00.
For only being 300 watts, it does better than I thought it would. Course it was around 10 today, I doubt it will do much when we start hittin 30 below next month.
182869.jpg

Charlie - If you want, load up your cubs and come play in the snow around my place!!! I'm already sick of the white stuff!!! And it is only the first day of winter!!!

Charlie-
What kind of battery are you running on that Cub with the heater?

<font size="-2">Or did you just put one of those extension cord retractors on the back of your cub, and just plan on staying within 100'of the barn?</font>
clown.gif

I've got a big 850 CCA battery like Kraig has on the rear.
182871.jpg

182872.jpg

And that battery is settin on close to 200 pounds of iron.
182873.jpg

The first day of winter was a good one, here. No measureable snow and light wind.
I was having a miserable time yesterday trying to get the steering on a 123 to do what I wanted it to do...such a miserable time that I broke down and called Don T. He got me started in the right direction by telling me that the tie rod from wheel to wheel was just for setting the toein/out and to go from there. It worked, but I have to disagree with him on a point. I think the steering should be set to where it comes equally against the stops on the axle on both sides.
Whatever.
It's been a long day, a good day. Bruce Nolte's 129 should be walking on all 4's again, hopefully as soon as Wednesday if USPS Priority does its job.
In the process of getting a spindle to Bruce ASAP I found that I have a pair of 1" spindles and wheels on the basterdized 1250.
Back to the Pawn Queens (?) on the History Channel, now.
beerchug.gif

Frank,
I'm eagerly looking forward to getting the new spindle and appreciate you shipping it immediately. I did have one offered to me by a guy 20 miles up the road in Lineboro, but since yours is on the way I politely declined. I'll keep his email address, as I'm certain to need something else for one of these Cubs. My 125 is in major need of some rehab, but it will be a spring project.

Its probably just as well, with the Christmas season on us I have a lot to do, and I would just probably waste an hour just BS'ing with the guy.

KRAIG - I hear Ya on those chains! Lot's of Guys that post over on the RPM forum farm, lots of livestock. If You have 100 head of cattle to feed large round bales to, You have to have something that can get around in snow & mud. Last winter one Guy showed His stack of 1500# of IH rear wheel weights tied to His FastHitch drawbar on His chore tractor, a 560-D with WFE & loader.

I can see a little 4WD utility tractor being much better than a 2WD in some conditions but it's still tough to beat chains and MORE WEIGHT!

Morning all, My xmas present from Charlie did not make it here yet so i`am bummed about that but I know the mail is heavy now and my parts should arrive here soon.

Frank C
How did you do on the steering on your 123? As I said I don`t have a Cub here that you can turn the wheels to hit the stops on the axles.I do hope someone will help you out. I always start with the front rod and adjust for toe in and then the rod from the front spindle to steering box for the left and right.I have rebuilt 3 steering boxes and found that I had to adjust everything to get them to steer equal left and right. let me know how you make out.

Heaters, lol hehe, I have a tractor here that makes heat and a cab on it would be nice lol,But cabs are scarce and I will have to get one as I will be getting a blower for the tractor in the spring ,summer.I had just the thing here a few years ago for a heater and gave it away
bash.gif
. This had a heater box enclosed in tin and had doors to open to get heat where it was needed, I think it was off an old chev truck and sat in the cab on the floor. I must see if it is still around. Have a great day all. Later Don T
182876.jpg

Shotgun.gif
poof.gif

Charlie:
Hope you patched that cord up first, it's got a few nicks in it......
thumbsup_old.gif

I'm using a blade so far this year, already unplugged the lights on the bridge once...for safety's sake, I may have to just ride it around with no attachments and break a trail..

182883.jpg

Ref. Cubfaq #69 regarding halogen lights for a cub cadet. It states to use a GE H7605 light, however a internet search did not reveal anyone selling such a light? Anyone know a source for the GE H7605 light?

Rob, looks like those may have been discontinued. Search for PAR 36 halogen bulbs.

This might be a useful LINK

Ok tried for the first time a 42"blade with my new chain and weight set up. Yes I now have my new favorite cub set up. 4 inchs of white stuff and its all done sorry no time for pics

Kraig,

Thanks for the reply. I found GE H7606 bulbs which are PAR36 halogen bulbs as well. Light bulbs are not my area of expertise, so I don't exactly know what the difference is between them. Guess its best to keep us engineer types in the dark! lol

Kraig,

Checked the Grainger catalog and they carry a 35 watt PAR36 Halogen in both Narrow and Wide flood versions. They are rated at 250 lumens. They also carry a 50watt version in both Narrow and Wide flood that are rated at 400 lumens. I wonder if the 50watt version would get to hot and melt the rubber mounting rings?

Rob, good question!
dunno.gif
I use the stock 35 watt sealed beams in my Cubs.

Need a little assistance with a real "technical"
problem.. Someone posted a pic on how the springs are attached on the quick release above the mule drive. Could you repost it? Is for a 149. Time to put on front blade now that this snow is over. Just getting ready for the next one!! Thanks..

Lyle, click HERE and scroll all the way down to the bottom post. The search function is an amazing thing.
happy.gif

We got about 4-5" of snow, which I cleaned up with the 782/QA-36A. I shredded ANOTHER thrower belt
swear.gif
Consequently, I added a stop for the belt tightener so it will hopefully stop loosening itself. The whole driveway was icy under the snow, so I found myself steering with the brakes a couple of times.

Back