• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 17, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies.

The belt I have is about 1/2 inch. I tried a 5/8 but it didn't sit far enough down in the drive pulley on the blower. or at least it didn't seem to. I'm under the impression that the out side of the belt should be pretty flush with the edge of the pulley? Should be easy to change the pulley to handle a 5/8. anyone know what size shaft it fist on. looked like a 3/4 but I wasn't really paying attention.

I'm not sure if it is a QA42 or a QA42b I'll have a closer look.

Glad to hear that I got the "Ultimate Cub Cadet" I was kinda disappointed that it was red instead of yellow, but maybe I should be proud instead
happy.gif

EVERETT - The shaft is 3/4" dia & 3/16" keyway. If Your belt sits up less than 1/8" above the sides of the pulley I think You would be O-K with the 5/8" belt You have. There's really no movement between the engine & blower gearbox to cause the belt to come off. With the 1/2" wide belt Your running lower in the driving pulley on the 982's engine. That would reduce Your blower speed and may be part of Your problem. You might also consider getting a smaller pulley for the gearbox shaft. Remember Your transmitting most of twenty horsepower thru that pulley so a cheap diecast pulley will not last. A Browning cast iron pulley was standard. A place like McMaster-Carr, Graingers, Motion Industries, etc. should have what You need, maybe even Tractor Supply or a Farm & Fleet type store.

JERRY B. - I've met Mrs Charlie....If Charlie hit something She impressed Me as the type of spouse who would be right out there laughing at Him too hard to take pictures.

Also on My snow plow of choice it would be WAY too hard to get over the steering wheel and AM/FM radio, and do a face plant on the hood, so I plow slowly, about 1000-1200 rpm in FIRST gear, still 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 mph. I actually found out several years ago I run out of traction & HP about the same time in 4th gear, which wide-open is just over 6-1/2 MPH. In third gear it doesn't even begin to load the engine before it spins out @ 5 mph.

Charley, If you would have moved this way you would have been warmer!

are all 70/100 decal kits actuall re-production kits, because all the ones i see dont have "international harvester" on the seat spring logo, and the hood numbers arnt solid black, there black outline... or am i just blind???

Thanks Charlie, That is the one.That picture you took is awesome!Looks like you have alot of snow to shove around at your new place.Im with the other guys beautiful place.

Evrett Welcome sir.I belive the question about being proud of the Red 982 is,heck ya i sure would be!Lucky man!!

Well I know you all probably dislike snow and are not to impressed with it,besides some seat time,thats gotta be great!!
Here in barstow the last time snow realy stuck on the ground was 1985,no kidding, it barely rains!!and the last time we got fluries was 1992.we had a record snow fall in something like 1956 of 8 inches!monday we got 4 inches maybe 5,in one higher area of town.now today we got 5 and its still falling now!!And thats Everywhere.I know 5 inches whoopi,but look at the stats man!One thing i must tell you , if you come to california and its snowing where it dont normaly snow stay off the freakin road these people are absloutly nuts no sence what so ever,spinning out everywhere and running over every stationary thing in site.I had a 40 mile drive home today on a snow covered 3 lane highway,I took me 2.5 hours to get home with nuts passing me!!
Well this summer I will be getting a snow blower/thrower for the 123 so I can use it 20 years from now!!wanted to get the 123 out today and drag the kids around the back yard but im kinda nervous with the cold and the talk about the hydro and engine!
Im glad you all are discussing the block heaters I might buy a couple.
111610.jpg

111611.jpg

I managed to break a tie rod end on my 149. I was all but done plowing and had a heck of a time wrestling the tractor back into the garage. Question is do I replace it with stock or upgrade to a more robust part? Also, is there a way to rig it together until I get a replacement shipped?
angry.gif

111614.jpg

Mike F.
Take everything loose, put the ball back in the socket. Take a ball peen hammer and smack the end of the tie rod. That will get ya by till a new one arrives. BTDT, just the other day as a matter of fact.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back