• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 21, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone want to give me a kick in the pants to finally pull the driveshaft and replace the clutch on my 1200? I suffered with an underpowered selfpropelled snowblower again and miss my plow. 2 months and still haven't gotten to it. Anyone else had a clutch fly apart from the anti-rattle springs?

Matt G:

Are you using a Cub cadet belt on that QA 36A? If so compare the cross section or depth of that belt to the original. I heard that CC has used another vendor and the belts aren't as "deep" as the old belts, therefor the actual gripping section of the belt is substantially less than the old ones. They don't seem to last long w/o shredding. You may have to use an alternate source for a good belt, NAPA's green belts seem to work well, IMHO.

Jim D.-

It's an IH belt...it is toothed and looks pretty deep. I haven't had good luck with the green belts...I've shredded two of those, too. I think my problem is that the tensioner was working loose. After I started smelling the belt, I looked and noticed that the belt was loose and inverted. I added a bolt to keep the tensioner from backing off.

how about some snow pics???

182920.jpg

182921.jpg

182922.jpg

182923.jpg

its so nice having a flat driveway. for the 2 nd year in a row NO CHAINS!!!!!!!!!

I think the 1650 was made for blowing snow with the qa 42 man does that do a nice job ...got it all shined up now . Can throw it just about as far as I want to...Let it snow I'm finally ready.

how many of you guys have gotten bored enough to put duals on a tractor to see how it would look? i did and it looks pretty sharp lol
182927.jpg

182928.jpg

Matt,

182933.jpg

I used a 1/4" bolt, double nutted as shown, to keep the tensioner "locked" for the same reasons. Has been a fool proof fix in use since 1999 on my thrower.

Charlie,

Are those actually mounted or are the outer tires just sitting there? The right one looks like it's a little too far forward.
shhh.gif

Jerry

Jerry M.
That was the mock up pic before mounting them.
I kept spinning out with all this freakin sand up my way, even with 144 pounds of weight on each side, those helped a bunch.

If he goes slow he's okay. <font size="-2">and takes off one shoe, remember he had to go to six.</font>

this is the first time I've posted a pic so I hope this works. this is my Original with the duals on, shortly after I repainted it last summer.
182963.jpg

It worked Yahoo!! while I'm at it here's another pic from the front, this one came out alot better. It was taken just after the first test run after reassembly.
182966.jpg

I think I did ok for my first restoration/ repaint job.

WM. Deturke runs TRIPLES on His original a lot.

When I got my QA-36 yrs ago it had been converted to fit a WF and I had to convert it back to a NF. I took a few "Liberties" with IH's design. I eliminated the tensioner entirely, welded angle iron onto the side brackets, drilled & tapped four 3/8" NC holes for the gearbox plate bolts. When I mount the blower after I get the belt on the pulleys all I have to do is snug down the four capscrews, bottom two first and most times I get the drive belt WAY too tight. Granted I don't use the QA-36 anymore but even back when I did use it all the time I can't remember ever shredding a belt. But I only ran it with a K181 for 2-3 yrs then a K241 till I stopped using it. Not enough HP to shred belts.

Charlie:
Looks like <u>everyone</u> has learned which way the V bars are supposed to point now....

Latest posts

Back